Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

P-Spray?

loneranger

Does anyone know the expiration on effectiveness on the P- liquid you mix with water for ticks? I assume it degrades with time? I have some still seems to work with the ticks but the Chiggers seem to not mind it so much. Wonder if its effectiveness wanes?

I highly doubt it. Permithrin is what u are referring to. I don't have a scientific answer but it lasts through washes and being wet, etc. it's very potent. Ticks hate it. Soak your clothes with old permithrin and I bet u are set.

Permethrin works really well also ;)

I have 3 year old Permethrin concentrate that resulted in 0 ticks on 6 turkey hunts this spring. I hope it stays effective as I have enough concentrate for probably 10 years.

I was down at the farm the last 3 days working and used 3 yr old permethrin. Results were the same as the day I bought it! 0 ticks.

Funny deal with ticks this year and I don't know why. I saw a ton early. I don't think I have seen one in several weeks now.

If u wearing permithrin u won't ever see ticks if you do it right.
Ticks are horrid this year due to mild winter and early spring. I suspect "down-tick" in sightings maybe cause of that cold weather we had? Overall- be prepared for nasty year of ticks. Use permithrin and u will never know they exist. I ain't had a tick on me in 5+ years and I'm in fields and timber countless days and hours. No chiggers (treat socks and shoes), ticks, nothing.

I have found ticks stay off but an occassional chigger gets thru. Best chigger defense is avon skin so soft oil. Apply all over. Ticks an chiggers hate it. Makes your skin feel good too !

Gamehide sells a line of clothing (including camo) called Elimitick that works very well if you don't want to do the treatment yourself. My wife really likes hers.
http://gamehide.com/why-gamehide/elimitick/
So, from your experience, it's legit and works?
I'll "suspect" it's Permethrin that's "fused" into the fabric. That's a dang good idea.

https://www.amazon.com/36-8-Permeth...TF8&qid=1495463129&sr=8-4&keywords=permethrin
Example of what I get, mix in a spray bottle, put all my clothes on my deck... Spray everything from socks to shoes, pants.... NO TICKS or bugs, ever. Let it dry, fold it up. DONE. Can buy at any farm store or coop as well. Easy to make % the same as expensive pre-mixed. So, $25 - last you at least a year, if not a few.

Gamehide advertises using a proprietary Insect Shield permethrin infused fabric good for up to 70 washes. Sawyers pump spray says one treatment will last up to 6 washings or 6 weeks before clothing has to be treated again.
I see quite a few Insect Shield clothing lines available now under various names. For what its worth, the wife has had hers now for 4+ years and it still works. Don't know about the 70+ washings.

Top Bottom