Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Paint & Little Paint streams

KnuckleDragr

Up in Allamakee county. I heard these areas got damaged pretty bad this spring from flooding. Its one of my favorite spots to fish for trout in the fall. Any updates as far as the extent of cleanup that needs done or if it has even started? I would assume it will be a couple years before its fishable again from what I was told. Also from those that live in that part of the state; what streams weren't affected by flooding? That way maybe I can rule out some spots and save some driving around. Thanks.

I heard the bathrooms in the campground got messed up, the "missouri" bridges washed out and all the fishing pools filled in.. thats what I heard though and Im 2-3 hrs away

Every stream up here was affected but they're all getting fished again. Most of the trout streams are getting stocked again I believe. I'm sure the flood messed up a lot of holes but created just as many. I know people that have been fishing paint around Waterville lately and the fishing's just as good as it ever was.

Every stream up here was affected but they're all getting fished again. Most of the trout streams are getting stocked again I believe. I'm sure the flood messed up a lot of holes but created just as many. I know people that have been fishing paint around Waterville lately and the fishing's just as good as it ever was.

Thanks! That's good to know.

Back in July, shortly after the flooding had subsided, both Paint and Little Paint were pretty rough ... not a fish to be seen. However, I was through there last month and things were starting to look up. As mentioned, stocking is underway again. Other streams I've fished this summer that are in great shape despite the early summer flooding are: Bohemian, Coldwater, Waterloo, North & South Bear, Patterson, Hickory, Otter & Glovers. A couple that were pretty bad back in July were Clear and Wexford. Hope this helps! Can't wait to make a fall trout trip soon myself! :way:

-Longspurs-

Top Bottom