Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

PAMPHETS AVAILABLE??

1s2c3o4t5t6

Guys, I thought Larry has a great point about handing out the book he's ordered to help inform the landowners,neighbors etc. I also had been thinking about some similar ideas. Since working overseas as a missionary in another culture I've realized that building trust is one the most important things I need to do as a first priority and often times this has to do with good communication. I'm definetly going to pick up a few of those books but I was wondering if there was some type of phamphlets available that could sum up some of the ideas of QDM, not to mention things such as the HUSH program. I just think it would go a long way to winning people's trust if we can inform them of some of these important things. Then as we practice them they'll really see how important they are to us as ethical hunters. Or do you think the book would suffice? I just thought something a little shorter would be handy if I went knocking on doors to find landowners who would allow me to hunt on their land.And then if they were interested in learning more I could give them the book.

Young Buck, material is available from the Central Iowa QDMA chapter. Join, come to a meeting, or pick them up at the classic. Either way join. Everyones individual support is needed to spread the philosophy of the organization. As this philosophy spreads from friend to friend to landowner to conservation officer and so on we will see our herds potential become a reality.

Youngbuck,

Are you state-side now or still over seas? Good questions. The book has great info but might be a bit much as a starting point unless someone is open minded and anxious to learn. You might check the qdma website at www.qdma.com. They have lots of good articles and info and can probably start you out with something a little more general. I know they have a good, couple page handout.
grin.gif

Old Buck

Old Buck, I'm still overseas but I will definitely try to pick up the book you suggested. I've got a friend in Ames who works in Des Moines who probably wouldn't mind stopping by your shop and picking up a copy for me. Then I'll get it to Ukraine somehow. I'll also be checking out that website you suggested. One last thing, how often and where do you all meet for the Central Iowa Chapter of QDMA? young buck

As of now we are not having regular meetings but, will become more regular as the chapter evolves. As of now all have been in Ankeney. A banquet is planned for March 26 more info. will be posted as it becomes available.

Top Bottom