Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Paralyzed Veterans Ready For Alaska Bear Hunt

blake

Life Member
News:

Veterans Ready For Alaska Black Bear Hunt

5/19/2009

The Paralyzed Veterans of America Heritage Fund and the Tyonek Lodge in Tyonek Village, Alaska, have teamed up to bring 20 paralyzed veteran hunters an Alaskan black bear hunt for four weeks beginning May 20.

According to a news release from The Outdoor Wire, Jim Zumbo, TV host of Jim Zumbo Outdoors on the Outdoor Channel, and country music star Aaron Tippin, spokesmen for the PVA-Outdoor Recreation Heritage Fund, will both be attending and assisting on the hunt.

"I am honored and humbled whenever I get to share a camp with our wounded military heroes," Zumbo said. "This doesn't happen without a lot of support from sponsors and donations from individuals to the Heritage Fund. I've witnessed firsthand how these heroes respond to this type of therapy in their recovery."

The hunt is being sponsored by several groups that include Ken Onion Custom Knives, Tyonek Native Corp., Anchorage Convention & Visitors Bureau, Wasilla Alaska AM-VETS, Sportsman for Fish and Wildlife, James Whitlock, Sr., Hugh Tanner-Norman S. Wright Mechanical, Rick Rydell with Radio 650 KENI, Colorado Buck on Sportman's Channel, Wild TV, Pursuit Channel, Jim Zumbo Outdoors on the Outdoor Channel, Surefire flashlights, Kershaw Knives, Bushnell, ZT Knives, Strider Knives, Thermacell, Wild West Guns, Graham Knives, Aimpoint, The Hunting Shack, Under Armour, VangComp-Tactical Shotgun systems, Ballistic Solutions Technologies, Princeton Tec headlamps, Stedi-Stock, ALS Technologies, Inc., Columbia River Knife and Tool, The Last Frontiersman-Dan McDowell-Kenai River fishing guide, Alaska Custom Firearms, BuckShot energy drinks, Pacific Mercantile Bank-Costa Mesa, CA and Sportsman's Warehouse-Wasilla, AK..

For more info on the hunt or to contribute, contact Doug Warren of Paralyzed Veterans of America by e-mail at dwpva@biggamehuntinggear.com or by phone at (903) 276-1246.

Top Bottom