Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Photobucket.....

Well it seems photobucket wants to charge people for third party hosting. I've never used photobucket but I know lots of you use it for to share photos on this site. Might want to look elsewhere.
Also the photos in Dbltree's corner have been killed off due to this as well. Is there anyway we as a forum can go through his forum and update this stuff somehow. I hate to see the wealth of information go to waste..... yes you can still see the text but the images make the write ups.

I use Photobucket all the time on forums and this news stinks. I've been reading about this on other forums.

I take all my pictures with my iPhone and this site always says the file is to large and it won't upload the image. Soooo what I have been doing now with Photobucket is I upload the image then I download it back to my iPhone and then I can put it on this forum and other forums for free. I'm not paying a third party hosting site nope no way no how:cool:.
From what I've read you can still upload to Photobucket free of charge but you can't copy the IMG unless you pay.

That's dumb. I haven't used photobucket much though since this website was updated last year (or whenever that was). I've been able to upload directly to the forum since then.

I use Photobucket all the time on forums and this news stinks. I've been reading about this on other forums.

I take all my pictures with my iPhone and this site always says the file is to large and it won't upload the image. Soooo what I have been doing now with Photobucket is I upload the image then I download it back to my iPhone and then I can put it on this forum and other forums for free. I'm not paying a third party hosting site nope no way no how:cool:.
From what I've read you can still upload to Photobucket free of charge but you can't copy the IMG unless you pay.

If you can still upload it to photobucket for free than couldn't you just use snipping tool to copy the image for free and then save that image to your computer or email it to yourself and then post it that way? Not sure if you can using snipping toll on a smart phone though.

Wow that's way over my head:) I don`t even know what a snipping tool is:oops: Please fill me in I`m always willing to learn something new.

Take a screenshot of the picture and upload the screenshot. Image is a fraction of the size.

Take a screenshot of the picture and upload the screenshot. Image is a fraction of the size.
Will the picture be normal size or so small that viewers need a magnifying glass to see it! I hate it when the pictures are thumb size. When I go to my threads the pictures are still there. Not sure if its because its my account, I`m confused are my pictures blocked when you guys view them? Can someone check it out for me. If so its time to start editing . Thanks

Wow that's way over my head:) I don`t even know what a snipping tool is:oops: Please fill me in I`m always willing to learn something new.

Not really sure, i'm not a techy person. I just know my work computer has snipping tool. Its just a think you click on to use that you can then draw a picture around whatever, copy that picture, and then past it onto anything.

Not really sure, i'm not a techy person. I just know my work computer has snipping tool. Its just a think you click on to use that you can then draw a picture around whatever, copy that picture, and then past it onto anything.
The snip tool captures the screen resolution of your computer monitor, which most times is much less than the original file "as acquired by the camera". The snip tool also allows you to crop the image on the screen, again getting a smaller file size over the full computer screen resolution. Obviously I have this tool installed on my computer. It is a great tool to capture or document things found on the internet. ;)

Photobucket is slowly making the rounds of those who use it, informing them they are going to a pay for use policy. They deleted all my images about a year ago, so after that, I only uploaded maybe 20 images. I deleted my account last week.

I'm not sure what the file size limitations are for using the "upload a file" button on this website.

I have been messing around with Flickr. The phone app has been giving me some issues not being able to get the BBC code but I can at least post them from my laptop. Test run on the first pic.Untitled by Ishi, on Flickr

The Huntmore App allows free third-party sharing and it's super easy to use. It's available for iPhone now, but supposed to be releasing an Android version of the app in September. You can add/share pics from the web, too...

Here's a link: http://huntmore.io

Top Bottom