Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Planting Rye

I'm going to plant some rye this fall after we get some corn out . Been some guys around here doing it last couple of years after harvest for a cover crop and the deer flock to it in late season !! You guys have any special kind of rye you like to plant ? Thanks.

Just cereal rye, aka winter rye. Not sure there are a lot of choices. Just be sure you are NOT getting rye grass seed!!!!

I'm going to plant some rye this fall after we get some corn out . Been some guys around here doing it last couple of years after harvest for a cover crop and the deer flock to it in late season !! You guys have any special kind of rye you like to plant ? Thanks.

Get a hold of Mike or Steve Luedtke out of Webster City. They own the airport there south of town. They do a ton of cover cropping and usually have some left over from that I'm sure Mike would be able to get ya a good price on it. Shoot me a PM and I can pass on his number if you go that route.

Top Bottom