Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

pleasant creek

countrybob

Hey everyone I was thinking of giving pleasant creek a try in the next few weeks. I have never been there so any tips or reviews of the place would help. That and what's all in there to catch I'm game for trying to catch anything.

No help from me but I'll be following this thread as I just got a boat. Was looking at Pleasant Creek as one of my fishing trips.

I haven't been there in a boat in a couple of years, but my Grandpa and I used to do pretty well there. We had decent luck for Walleye on the West end where there is an old road bed crossing near the high lines. We would troll that or drift from west to east if the wind was right and we had a nice walleye chop. Other than that we would anchor and cast out slip bobbers or jig for perch, crappie and blue gill. I think we usually had our best luck in about 10 ft of water. We also caught some nice white bass doing this as well. Good luck!

I haven't been on PC for many years now, but back in the day we had some great outings there. I first fished it when it was a brand new lake and the parking lots weren't even done yet. That would have probably been in 1979 or 1980.

Catfish - about 10 years ago I went there a few times in my boat and had some good success. Secret spot alert...about 1/2 way up the north arm, on the west bank, there are some bottom features/depth changes that held some really nice catfish. We didn't get big numbers, but the average size was very nice, probably 8+ pounds, with some 12+. You will need to use your depth finder to find these areas if I recall.

Top Bottom