Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pole saws

IowaBowHunter1983

Staff member
What you have, recommendations, etc. I have had a lot of the <$100 variety and they are just junk. They do not hold up (yes I am hard on things).

I have an echo gas pole saw that is sweet, but looking for a lightweight hand pole saw this off season.

arborist friend of mine has the 20 or 21' silky. Swears by it, but they like $400. Maybe worth it?

Thoughts... go.

I really like my Wicked pole saw. I have the biggest one and use it quite a bit on hang and hunts. So many people think they need the string pruner but I found I always ended up getting that string tangled in crap and am happy the Wicked doesnt have one.

I recommend that you be careful. At least more careful than me.

944e9c92183e3d92e417af8ab2d4ca87.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The saw or a falling limb? If saw...idk how that's possible lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The limb :(

Just about the time I thought, “That limb is dead. It won’t hang up there very long and it won’t hang and swing like a green limb would. I should move. Any second now...” Then the falling limb drove all those thoughts out of my head and as I turned away, I saw my hard hat; un-worn, laying on the ground, through the blood on my glasses.

Those are brain cells I can’t afford to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I break things like crazy & 5+ years on above corona.
Bro has silky. Good.
I run out with corona & hooyman electric.... all I need and I’m as hard on stuff as anyone.

Silky is far and away the best I’ve used. They’re a little pricey but you won’t be disappointed with how good it is once you try one.

Is this the saw some of you are talking about? I see this is the last one. If this is not it can you give details of the one I need to look for? Also, do you feel you need all 21 ft?
049c8405ad737f76248f4b5aef6edcaf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

This is the other model I'm comparing, one is 20ft, other is 21. Not much difference. Just asking the guys with experience with these which is better? Why? Thanks guys
b78ebf3e01d5fce564b5f7bc9b146ab3.jpg
402027ea768f9d9249e3b648a932b119.jpg
dd2c0a197bf6f8f3cbec35fce636a74e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I have the wicked pole saw and hand saw and really like them but theres always that one branch that u just cant reach...mine was like 150 if I remember rite not the top of the line they make but super sharp and very well built...not ideal for a hang and hunt but I have a hooeyman I like to use for that! All depends how much your willing to spend on a saw

Another vote for the Wicked saw. I have 2 of them. Previously I wore out a pole saw per year buying them at hardware stores.

Top Bottom