Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Poll - NR increase

voted against it! not fair to residents. hell i have a hard time put up with residents over here in ohio. we have an abundance of city slickers from ohio and a bunch of outta state people around where i hunt! i think that it is great that they hunt but they usually turn out to be the most unsafe people in the world, because it's the only time of the year they spend in the woods. don't get me wrong i would let all of you come and hunt on my property because ya'll seem safe and the most important thing is all of you seem very ethical. i can't believe i am disagreeing with this when i am trying to find some hunting property in iowa michigan and wisconsin.
wstupid.gif

I have hunted Zone 9 twice which is extreme NE portion of Iowa, basically bluff country. I really cannot comment on other area of Iowa. I would expect if you are hunting areas with limited whitetail habitat the pressire could be higher for both residents and non-residents alike, especially the closer you are to a larger community like Des Moines, Waterloo, Dubuque etc.

My comparision is mainly geared toward the bluff country of NE Iowa because that it were I have hunted in Iowa. I have hunted identical habitat in SEMN and SWWI and the number of hunters and the quality of the hunting experience are totally different. In my home state you can find comprable hunting in some counties in Bluff Country such as Buffalo County. It is idneitical to NE Iowa, but unless your rich (pay $20-30/acre) for a hunting lease your not going to get access. Just to get access to an 80 acre parcel will cost you $1600-2400/year. The majority of the leases are bought up from guides or outfitters and they charge clients to hunt them or people from larger cities such as Madison, Milwaukee, Chicago and the Twin Cities by leases for there hunting group.

Another good example of the quality of Iowa is when I was driving back from my Kansas Hunt. I went through Iowa in the middle of the day on the Interstate and saw more shooter bucks in 4 hours of driving at 70mph along the interstate than I saw in WI the last two years combined hunting and driving.

Bottom line is that what you have now is top of the line and I hope politics and revenue shortfalls do not alter the current situation.

Take Care

Top Bottom