Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pollinator Plantings - CP42

Those of you that have put in CP42 plantings what's your recommended method of establishment??

Can I broadcast in last years cut beans? FSA says everyone tills then drills.....:(:(:(:(:(

This is very clean ground and the crop ground was virtually weed free in the past.

Broadcast asap...May still get some freeze and thaw with near term forecast. Would be best though if cultipacked alone or after light shallow till with a drill or disk but make sure not to get seeds over about 1/4" or Will do more harm than good!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Do not till. It will just encourage weeds. I would be getting out there real early on a hard frost and broadcast until it gets greasy. Depending on where you are, we basically have freeze/thaw in the forecast every day and that is all you would need.

I have no tilled hundreds of acres of pollinator mixes the last few years with great success also. Just be mindful not to plant too deep! I use cylinder stops on the cylinders for a reference and dont run the drill all the way down. Just 'scratch' the seed in. I have also been known to pull a few seed tubes if early in the spring and moisture wont be a problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom