Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Predators in the stand

SeIowa69

Iam just curious as to how many predators have been seen while n a stand so far this bow season?

How manyd been shot?

I haven't seen one yet but I have a swhacker waiting 4 when I do!!

i saw 3 yotes on sunday am. they were chasing pheasants. i was able to get one killed. 4 pheasants came running by me, and she was hot on thier trail. whistled to stop her and let one fly! I almost had a second one but the big male was alert at he was trotting down the trail and saw me draw back.

I have seen a litter of bobcats, and heard lots of coyotes when I get down of an evening, but haven't seen any yet!

MY farm is infested with yotes. I see at least one every time I go. Saw 2 on Sunday 20 minutes before I shot my buck chasing fawns. I couldn't get them to stop. I will fling an arrow at any distance, at any time, at a coyote. I need to run a Trap line.

Killed my first Yote with a bow this season. Missed another that same night. Been seeing a ton where I hunt in town. Coincidentally, the city council just approved landowners with more then 10 acres in the city limits shooting them with firearms.

Killed my first Yote with a bow this season. Missed another that same night. Been seeing a ton where I hunt in town. Coincidentally, the city council just approved landowners with more then 10 acres in the city limits shooting them with firearms.

Are you in Davenport? I used to see a ton of coyotes while hunting on the west side when I lived there.

I've seen two coyotes this year so far and heard another barking/howling at about 150-200 yards in the dark. Of the ones I saw, one pushed 5 out of 8 deer off a field one evening sit, and the other pushed a doe and twins under my stand. That one got an arrow flung at around 40-45 yards, but didn't connect. Hope it didn't educate the doe and fawns! They were behind some brush when the arrow flew. I'll be flinging an arrow at yotes anytime I can if within shooting distance and no deer right under me. One of these days I'll get one of them scoundrels!

Wife killed her first coyote a couple days ago. I have saw 2 so far this year while in the stand.

Bobcat is on my list. Shot at one 3 yrs ago 58 yds across a creek just a tad high. Haven't seen one since. I haven't seen a Coyote for along time but I have managed to shoot 3. I love the sound they make when they get stuck with a arrow

I've seen 2 so far this year, had one about 20 yards but was gone before i could grab my bow. I'll be flinging arrows at any distance if I see another. Dang things are hard to kill

Ive seen one 3 out the 4 mornings Ive sat, I cant get an answer on if I can legally shoot it while bowhunting though, or if I need to purchase a fur bearers

Any answers?

You can legally kill a bobcat once the season starts. Im 99% sure you can harvest them with a gun or bow with your regular hunting license.
To trap them you will need your fur harvesters license, unless on your own property i believe. Someone correct me if im wrong.
Once harvested you do have to call your local CO and have them either come tag it with a cities tag or possibly mail you one

Sounds like there's plenty out there to be shot!! Id live to shoot bobcat that wood make my season for sure!!! I'd b happy with a chance at one or two or hell ten yotes this season tho.
any of u guys carry a call with u? Just n case there just out of reach or if the deer sighting is slow? I just bought a primos distress call other day figured it's worth a shot sumtime

You can legally kill a bobcat once the season starts. Im 99% sure you can harvest them with a gun or bow with your regular hunting license.
To trap them you will need your fur harvesters license, unless on your own property i believe. Someone correct me if im wrong.
Once harvested you do have to call your local CO and have them either come tag it with a cities tag or possibly mail you one

You need a fur harvesters license to trap or hunt all furbearing animals. You only need a hunting license if you are only going to shoot a coyote with gun or bow check the regs as coyote is a continues open season

Top Bottom