Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Preorbital Gland Lure for Mock Scrape

MuddyHntr

Just curious to see if anyone has ever used preorbital gland lure for a mock scrape. I've always just took a wiz in them after I started them up but this new property that I'm hunting I haven't had any luck with that. I ordered some just to see what its like if it doesn't work then it was a $20 learning curve. Let me know if you or someone you know have used it before, I'm mainly interested in using it for inventory without trying to push to far into the timber with cameras. Thanks in advance

I have for many years and like the synthetic gland lure by Buck Fever for licking branches. Never had it spook a deer and had good success with it for pre-season scouting on mock & real scrapes through out the hunting season.

full

Just curious to see if anyone has ever used preorbital gland lure for a mock scrape. I've always just took a wiz in them after I started them up but this new property that I'm hunting I haven't had any luck with that. I ordered some just to see what its like if it doesn't work then it was a $20 learning curve. Let me know if you or someone you know have used it before, I'm mainly interested in using it for inventory without trying to push to far into the timber with cameras. Thanks in advance

I use this type of lure each year. I zip tie a section of rope in the branches of my "scrape trees" and then fray the end and dip the frayed end in the gland lure.

It seems to work fine...but they would probably scrape there even if I didn't have a rope there too. I think the brand of lure that I use is Smokey's.

I have for many years and like the synthetic gland lure by Buck Fever for licking branches. Never had it spook a deer and had good success with it for pre-season scouting on mock & real scrapes through out the hunting season.

full
I've used this with excellent results for many years. Its synthetic so rain only helps.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom