Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

QDM on 6000 acres

pirate_06_00

I just joined a club in lower Alabama and some of the rules they have put in place kind of baffle me. There are 45 members for 6000 acres and the buck rule is 6 point or better which I understand but they only want to take 30 does total. Alabama has a liberal doe harvest rule which consists of 2 per day. Does this sound like enough does harvested to support good QDM for this many acres??? confused:
confused.gif
confused.gif

Not enough does in my opinion but a little piece of info needed??? What is the estimated deer number per square mile?

No offense, but that seems a little out of whack to me. I would think there would be a 8 point or better rule. I also think the doe numbers are way off too, I would think you would want to kill at least a 75-100 does a year off 6000 acres. But then again I have no idea what the deer populations are like down there or how much timber is on the 6000. If it is anything like up here, alot more than 30 does need to be thinned out each year. Also I find it interesting that with 45 guys assuming they let each guy shoot a buck, that more bucks than does would get shot each year. Doesn't sound like the best QDM approach to me to grow big bucks.
confused.gif
Goodluck down there!!
smile.gif

Top Bottom