Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Radix opinions

Update on the cameras? Just wondering on how they are still working? and issues?? etc??? wanting to get some but just wanted to wait till some others got them and seen how they function....
thanks!

Update on the cameras? Just wondering on how they are still working? and issues?? etc??? wanting to get some but just wanted to wait till some others got them and seen how they function....
thanks!
Mine are still working fine. all are still showing full battery charge with 4-10k pics per camera so far.

Yeah, I would say my cameras have had 20,000 plus pics on them, batteries still show full...I am running lithiums.. Detail is amazing, looks like a photographer is sitting there!

Still available to my knowledge. Talked to them at the classic about a fluke issue in one of my 4 cams. Told me to send it in and they will replace it.

Thanks that is what I was wondering. Tried the earlier link and got a big surprise. Did a google search, but didn’t find the link you just posted. Guess I didn’t look hard enough.

Any new opinions? Still worth trying?

Yes they are still available. 2018 Models will be ready to ship in about a week. Sligh is correct on the website. The original domain was hacked. Hopefully we will get it back, but in the meantime www.radixtrailcamera.com is the web address.

My cameras are still doing great, I did have a problem with one but I did the on camera factory reset and haven’t had a problem since. Highly recommend them.

I tried the new, less expensive one to see how it would compare. I am not overly impressed with the picture quality. Unless everything stops the look blurry most of the time. It seems to operate well though and does not go through batteries fast. I have no experience with the other models.

I bought two PS-2 models a few weeks ago. Pretty disappointed. Pics are EXTREMELY blurry if there is any movement at all, especially at night.
It would also have been nice if someone with a basic command of the English language would have proof read the instruction manual. The broken English is hard to read.
Also I am still not sure just how to turn them off easily when I check them. So I end up turning them back on and holding the power button until I see it say 'goodbye'. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I bought two PS-2 models a few weeks ago. Pretty disappointed. Pics are EXTREMELY blurry if there is any movement at all, especially at night.
It would also have been nice if someone with a basic command of the English language would have proof read the instruction manual. The broken English is hard to read.
Also I am still not sure just how to turn them off easily when I check them. So I end up turning them back on and holding the power button until I see it say 'goodbye'. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
To turn them off when you check them press the power button once to wake up the camera, then hold down the power button until you see the "goodbye" message.

As far as the blurriness, there are a couple of potential reasons. Think of it this way...if you (or I) were to walk into NBC studios and pick up a $50k production video camera, do you think we would be able to operate that camera efficiently? Not a chance. Yea we could turn it on and press record, but that doesn't mean out footage would be TV quality. Remember cameras are electronics. Radix in particular is engineered differently than a box store camera. They are capable of producing absolutely incredible photos, but one should not expect to get those by strapping it to a random tree an turning it on. There is a learning curve and it takes getting to know the setting to get the most out of them.
The other issue with blur is due to two factors internally in the camera. One is the fact it is an IR camera. All IR cameras will always have some motion blur if the animal is moving at a decent clip. Only way to truly eliminate that is with a white flash. The Radix cameras in particular do have a touch more blur than some. This is unfortunately a tradeoff with the sensor being geared for incredible daytime images. The blur can be minimized with proper settings and setup though.

I will also add that this will be fixed in 2019...I cannot speak on the details, but It will be fixed.

As an example, here are some pictures of moving deer.
e9074b210a4b97e0af64b9916ec7a638.jpg

b9c6930ed78018c45aa0b4df12be5dc6.jpg

d6213c9f120ef997217a89aef100a8ea.jpg

I will agree there is a ton of motion blur. Even when I run it on a scrape. I decided to just run them on video mode because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom