Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rage 3 blade/broadhead options

mzldr4life

I know there was a guy on here asking about anyone who has the original rage 3 blade broadheads available. I shot these last year, my first year bow hunting (not too opinionated on broadheads in general) but I did kill 3 deer with these broadheads, 2 being clean pass throughs and one not. All 3 deer died within 90 yards from being shot. So for that reason, I would use the rage 3 blades again, but they are discontinued, now they are selling the chisel tip as many of you already know. Part of me just wants to go to a fixed blade, but the other part wants to stick with rage 3 blade since it did such a good job, only concern being the chisel tip. What do you guys recommend? Anyone out there shoot the rage 3 blade chisel tip? Photo attached of what I have been shooting.

Attachments

• IMG_8513.JPG
    IMG_8513.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 138
I like their chisel tip over their blade tip. That being said, I think Grim Reapers are 120% bettter than Rage.

I shoot the 3 blade chisel tips and love them! I had the same trouble you did that the traditional 3 blades were discontinued and I really wanted to stay with 3 blades vs. 2. I've also enjoyed easy pass throughs and excellent blood trails with these heads. And what draws me to them more than anything is that they truly do fly exactly like my field tips. One improvement you'll notice with the chisel tip is that you don't have to "babysit" the blades near as much. Seems like the mechanism to hold them in place is much better than the originals. I know it's more money, but another upgrade I'd recommend is the rage quiver. I think half of the battle keeping blades in place comes from quivers not meant to hold that type of head. Anyway, thumbs up from me on the 3 blade chisel tips. And btw, I was down to my last 2, so just last week I found them on sale at Amazon for $29/3 pk. , so I ordered 2 packs. Good luck.

I'm a rage Hypodermic 2 blade fan . Just looks like it makes more sense and stronger to me . 3 for 3 for me so far .

Rage 3 blade broadheads were the last mechanicals I'll ever shoot. They shot just like fieldpoints, but they passed through just like field points too. Three complete passthroughs without deploying the blades was three too many times for me. 1st on a doe. 2nd on a turkey. 3rd on a nice buck. I was raging alright.

Top Bottom