Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rattling antlers preference

meyeri

PMA Member
Do you guys use big old mature antlers or smaller ones for rattling and do you think deer can tell the difference?

I've been using the same spindly 100" set of antlers since high school, but I just switched to a set from a heavy massed 130's class buck and the sound is way deeper. Probably why I've only rattled in little bucks in the past right!?.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I use a 100" set but I only have dink buck where I hunt so it works on them :)

I used heavy sets when I hunted the mid-west and had great success with mature buck. They can tell the difference.....

The good thing about a big heavy set is you can adjust the volume so much and don't necessarily have to crash the antlers so hard to do it. The deeper tone of a heavy set will also carry much farther I'd need be! Good luck.

The bigger and heavier the better IMO - I've wanted to try the rackpack for ease of taking to/from the stand but love the sound of crashing two big sheds together.

I've used the pack rack for several years now. Super convenient and I've rattled in a lot of bucks with it.

I've got a mix... two right sides. One a from a big 3 point side that had no brow tine. The other is a smaller right side that nests inside of the big one. I cut the brows off of them so I don't smash my fingers so badly.

I’ve got some 140” 10 pt sheds that I cut & shaved brows off. Pry a 4 year old. Been good ones for last 6-7 years. Pry agree- bigger & heavier the better & tone down if don’t need all that noise.

Top Bottom