Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Reflex Bows ???

IaCraig

Are they OK entry level bows for a beginning bow hunter on a budget? I think these are made by Hoyt. My buddy just bought one, and when he asked for my advice and all I could tell him that compared to the other used bows in a similar price range it looked like the best value.

Did I give him a bum steer? What are these, Hoyt's entry level line of bows?

Any input is appreciated, even if it's too late.

IaCraig

i think your buddy made a great investment. i bought a reflex express 3 years ago, and i love it. i am shooting 68#, 28.5" draw, beeman ICS hunters w/125 gr. Vortex, and its zinging arrows just under 290 fps. it also a very quiet, fairly forgiving bow. and besides you can't go too wrong since it is made by Hoyt.

I'm shooting a Reflex Bighorn. As much as I've read about the negative aspects of a dual cam, I have had no problems with my bow. I don't measure speed, but I can can group my arrows within a pie tin at 40 yards and that's accurate enough for me. I've looked at Matthews bows because I've heard so many great things about them, but I can't justify putting a thousand dollars into a bow, at least not right now. My $150 bow works just fine for hunting and that's all I use it for.

I bought a Reflex this last fall and have enjoyed using it. I harvested my first buck with it on the 11th of November, a nice seven yard shot. The only downside to the bow is that it has a fairly weak arrow quiver. I heard from the guy at the bow shop that several have been broken from just normal wear and tear. Good luck!

I picked a trade-in from a friend who sells Hoyts. That was 4 years ago. Out shot alot of guys with much more expensive bows! My brother-in-law has a 99 Red-Line and I my $200.00 Reflex shoots faster than his $650.00 Hoyt.
Don't misunderstand, if I had lot's of cash I would have gotten a Hoyt and intend to replace the Reflexwith one of the new Hoyts that are comming out 2002 with the short string on a double grooved cam. They will be HOT!
Need a used Reflex? whitetail hunter 500 gr arrow @ 250fps w/ $95.00 Hoyt site, Limb Savers, Leaches,ect,ect. ??????

Scout, You still haven't told me what you want for it. Are you trying to fleece someone on here first? Watch out guys or he'll take you to the cleaners! Maggs.

Top Bottom