Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Reg ???

camo658

I was wondering what are the rules regarding filling someone else's second season tag? I was unable to fill my first season buck tag and I would like to go second season if possible. There is a farmer friend l know who may let me fill his tag. I was told by a CO that I could but would need to buy a second season doe tag first in order to do so. My question is... do I need leave the doe tag unfilled before I would fill the friend's tag or can I fill the doe tag first than fill the friend's uni tag? I know the person, with the tag, has to tag it.

I was wondering what are the rules regarding filling someone else's second season tag? I was unable to fill my first season buck tag and I would like to go second season if possible. There is a farmer friend l know who may let me fill his tag. I was told by a CO that I could but would need to buy a second season doe tag first in order to do so. My question is... do I need leave the doe tag unfilled before I would fill the friend's tag or can I fill the doe tag first than fill the friend's uni tag? I know the person, with the tag, has to tag it.

You can fill your second season tag and then continue to hunt WITH the friend. The license allows you to continue to hunt 2nd season even after you filled it, as long as someone in your party has an unfilled tag and will let you use it. You aren't supposed to shoot his deer then call up to his house and have him come tag it...... He is supposed to be actively engaged in the hunt.

You can fill your second season tag and then continue to hunt WITH the friend. The license allows you to continue to hunt 2nd season even after you filled it, as long as someone in your party has an unfilled tag and will let you use it. You aren't supposed to shoot his deer then call up to his house and have him come tag it...... He is supposed to be actively engaged in the hunt.

Thanks, Bronc... That does make a difference in knowing that.

WITH....right. Another loophole that needs closed. Would love to know how many party hunting kills are actually with a party.

WITH....right. Another loophole that needs closed. Would love to know how many party hunting kills are actually with a party.

If someone goes out with only a shotgun license and no tag, and hunts by themselves to fill someone else's tag they are illegal. This isn't really a loophole. Eliminating party hunting so these types don't do this illegal activity is like eliminating guns to keep the criminals from being criminals.

I didn't think it was possible to get a tag for both seasons. Only landowners have the option of both seasons on their own land.

I was unable to fill my first season buck tag and I would like to go second season if possible. I was told by a CO that I could but would need to buy a second season doe tag first in order to do so.

I think you are done shotgun hunting, look at the chart on page 26: http://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr/uploads/Hunting/huntingregs.pdf

I was under the impression that the only way to hunt both shotgun seasons was with a landowners tag. The rationale told to me was that they didn't want half of a large group to buy antlerless/half any sex for season one, then flip flop for second season and push the same ground, preventing others from possibly gaining access.

I didn't think it was possible to get a tag for both seasons. Only landowners have the option of both seasons on their own land.

Correct. Doesn't sound like you'll be hunting your land and if you didn't fill your 1st gun tag unfortunately, it's game over for you.

If someone goes out with only a shotgun license and no tag, and hunts by themselves to fill someone else's tag they are illegal. This isn't really a loophole. Eliminating party hunting so these types don't do this illegal activity is like eliminating guns to keep the criminals from being criminals.
Correct this person is basically poaching a deer which we know happens more than just during shotgun season.

Top Bottom