Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Reply from Grassley

nannyslayer

I emailed him a couple weeks ago about gun control issue's. Here is the response.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me concerning the heartbreaking loss of life at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. This tragic event reminds us of the fragility of life. I appreciate you writing in on such an important topic. As your Senator it is important that I hear your thoughts.

First and foremost, our thoughts and prayers should be with the families in Newtown who have suffered an incredible loss. I am heartbroken by what happened in Newtown. Moving forward I believe that these mass shootings need to be studied and analyzed in order to comprehend why these tragedies happen. The debate on how to prevent these horrible actions needs to include all aspects and not focus solely on firearms. There must be serious and thoughtful discussion on mental health issues.

I believe that overly restrictive gun control legislation does very little to deter criminals while imposing unnecessary burdens on law-abiding Americans who wish to own guns. Our crime reduction efforts must focus on criminals and criminal activity, not on gun control. More attention needs to be focused on the cause of crimes and not the tool used to commit the crimes. Those who use a firearm to commit a crime should serve the maximum sentence so they cannot pose a further threat to society.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I urge you to continue to share your views with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me again with any questions or comments you may have in the future. Please keep in touch.

Sincerely,
Chuck

Just got it. Better then what I got from Loebsack. Just a generic response with no reference to the subject of my email.

Slightly different wording from Grassley, but I got one from Congressman King that expressed about the same sentiment. Again, no big surprise, but somewhat reassuring none the less....

I got the same reply from my senators and congressmen here in Michigan they just signed different names to the same form letter

Got these 2 myself , the one from Branstad was useless so won't bother posting it. Was impressed that these look nothing like form letters , short and to the point :grin:

xxxxx,

I will not support any gun control. I know that the ultimate aim of so-called "gun control" is the confiscation of firearms. I will fight against any and all measures for it. More so, I'm introducing legislation to fight back against federal intrusion into state liberty.

Sincerely,

Kent Sorenson

The Honorable Kent Sorenson
Iowa Senate
1007 East Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50319

Hi xxxxxx-
I am confident that the Iowa House will not pass any bills restricting our gun rights.
You might be interested to know that I am co-sponsoring a constitutional amendment placing the right to keep and bear arms in the Iowa constitution. We are one of six states that does not have such a constitutional provision. I am also co-sponsoring a stand your ground bill. We passed both in the House last year but the Senate did not pass them.
Thanks for contacting me.
Julian

The Honorable Julian B. Garrett
Iowa House of Representatives
1007 East Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50319

Last edited:
Top Bottom