Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Residents (turkey)

Hardwood11

It is going to be a good fall!
If you are a resident--and not a landowner-- is there any way you could take two turkeys in one year in Iowa?

Yes, all residents are allowed two tags for spring turkey. At least one of the tags must be for the 4th season. I believe you could get a fall tag also, so maybe 3 for the year.

Or you can get 2 archery tags, good for seasons 1 through 4

Ok so you could have two archery tags for the bow season, the reason I ask is a friend of mine from Cedar Rapids area... might hunt my farm, but he is not a big "look it up on the internet" guy... I tried to find it on the DNR site, but wanted to be sure.

Yeah, 2 archery tags good for all seasons. I filled both one year second day of 1st season, which was bittersweet. Great to get an archery double, but I was done after the first hunt. Thinking of grabbing two again this year, only bought one last year.

Yeah, 2 archery tags good for all seasons. I filled both one year second day of 1st season, which was bittersweet. Great to get an archery double, but I was done after the first hunt. Thinking of grabbing two again this year, only bought one last year.
That would be bittersweet, I've never doubled up but I always start day one with two tags.

I opted for two bow tags last year as well although it took me quite a while to fill the second. Think I'll go archery/4th season gun this year. I miss chasing them with the shotgun.

Like it was said above earlier though. You can get two tags for shotgun as well, it's just that at least one of them will need to be for fourth season. . . .

I usually do bow and 4th season gun, just to spread out my season a bit and get a chance to hunt with some greenery around. I actually missed a closer shot with my shotgun than I did with my bow. lol Two bow tags might be fun. Always seems like after the shot, that second or third Tom hangs around just long enough to nock another arrow and get a shot off.

Top Bottom