Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Riser mounted rear sight

E

emmasdad

Anyone out there ever use any type of riser mounted "rear sight"? I know of two, Yikes Bowsight, and Hindsight. It acts like the rear sight on a gun; eliminating the need for peep sights. I would like to hear anyone's comments on them. Even if you haven't used them, what do you think of the concept?

i use the hind site and love it for me its the only way to go

I think my dad may have actually been the one that invented this sight your refering to. He developed it in the late 70s while working at Ford Motor Company. I remember him coming home one day after a hunt and his sight on his bow was all bent up he was not in a good mood. Later I found out that he threw his bow out of his stand after missing the same buck three times in one week directly under his stand. He then invented what he called the buckhorn sight. He claimed it helped him for when he bent at the hip to keep the same anchor point. I'm sure things have changed on them since then but the only problem I remember with it was that you had to have a seperate rear sight for every front sight. Because of this you had to anchor slightly higher or lower depending on which sight you were using. Still to this day, he swears it's the best sight on the market.

Nonres

Top Bottom