Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

rubbing post

Rich77

Sunday is the last day I will be able to do anything deer related for a few weeks.
I'm going to stick some smaller diameter trees on the edges of some plots and hopefully get some pics of bucks using them to shed velvet.
Has anyone had much luck with bucks using mock rubs to get good shedding pics?
We didn't get them out last year until after all the bucks were hard horned and they tore them apart

Sunday will be perfect. Got this guy last year a few days after putting the tree in the ground.

Holy cow!! Where can I get a tree like that? :D All mine attract smaller bucks! :D

Did someone get that beast, that is a whopper!!

Yeah, too bad on that one. I was running cameras and put in a foodplot for a friend that found his 2011 sheds. He could have been the archery record, but was tagged early by a neighbor, who knows for sure.

Yeah, too bad on that one. I was running cameras and put in a foodplot for a friend that found his 2011 sheds. He could have been the archery record, but was tagged early by a neighbor, who knows for sure.

Is it not the new archery record? I really don't know. I know I saw it at the classics, and thought it was #1.

I don't think he will be entered, but not sure. Net score was high enough to be the Iowa archery record though.

He is in there, the new number one non-typical archery. I hunt up the road and was hearing about him and then all of a sudden I see someone holding him. Even had the guy waiting for me at my truck after the ordeal to make sure he knew he hunted around me. Locals called him the Blue Tongue buck but I don't know. Someone had to sign off on the arrow kill at the DNR and it was probably our local CO so I just let it alone. He was a fine animal he was, 6 x 6 has some great photo's of him he shared. New year, new season, got to move on I say!

Got mine up today. Man was the ground ever hard. Used a red cedar.

Attachments

• image-3138396982.jpg
    image-3138396982.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 195
Top Bottom