Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rumor - New state record?

Cooter said:
There was one on here but I can't fine it.

There was as much trash in the back of the truck as there was deer.

Mobile Cooter using IW

Not saying any names but (cough) bieber (cough) I believe had that

I was at a friends house today that was in the area of the picture of the guy in orange and showed my buddy the pic and he said the same as Tomo that was taken first season and gross 174. He went over to take a look at it when the texts were sent after It was killed.

Here is a 193 typical 10 gross taken in North Central Iowa. Wish I had a bigger picture.

982-bigggg.jpg

Guess I had a bigger pic just forgot.

982-biigggggggg.jpg

Last edited:
Erick said:
The txt I got said 6 miles south of CB on timber ridge? not familiar with that area. I wasn't trying to out-do the deer before I was wondering if this was the one that others had heard about :eek:

Looks like the 180's to 190's range.

The email I got was from a coworker just across the hall who got the email from the guy who shot it so I'm fairly confident it was shot by Ute. But, I guess it wouldn't be the first time stories have been scrambled.

Any details on the one from nc iowa? I'm originally from there and had heard about a good one getting shot but nobody had any of the details.

Sent from my DROID3 using IW

I just talked to the guy who sent me the pic(same as Erick's) and according to him the guy's name is Bill or Bob Nelson and it was taken on their land in Northeast NE. It was verified by a virtual friend of Tomo's and myself. Tomo knows him as a police officer in SSC and this police officer knows this guy and has permission to hunt his land as well. The police officer confirmed the story also.

Again it will be interesting to see what is really the true story and who has been fed a line of bs:)

May the true story come forward. I don't care who shot it or where. It is a once in a life time deer and congrats to who did get it. I am just sharing the story that was ardently sworn as the truth so others know that there are several stories out there.

None of these are the pic of the new virginia buck I got in text message. ..but I don't know how to post pics..

Here's another one I got a text of, but this was easy to find. It's on Realtree's website. Gives the name, story, location, and a score of 203. Was shot with a bow in November, the 19th actually
Baugh1.jpg

Just to clear some of this up. The buck that Erick posted wasnt' shot by Ute, wasn't shot by Timber Ridge, and wasnt' killed by an army on a drive. It gross scores 194. I had it in my hands before it was even gutted so I'm a pretty reliable source..........

Just to clear some of this up. The buck that Erick posted wasnt' shot by Ute, wasn't shot by Timber Ridge, and wasnt' killed by an army on a drive. It gross scores 194. I had it in my hands before it was even gutted so I'm a pretty reliable source..........

Well, where was it shot then? Was it Northeast, NE? Do tell.

As I said in another post, if my buddy wanted his name, pictures, and location posted on here I would let him do it. He's not very happy that his deer has gone "viral" and is all over the place.

Ok, castana then, which is still close to ute, and Timber Ridge is right north of castana. Don't know what the big deal is. I am sure CM wouldn't really give a crap. If he didn't want it viral then he shouldn't have sent phone pics we all know what happens with phone pics. Its no secret that the loess hill have big deer! Whitetail properties does a fine job of promoting that. Congrats to him for a great deer!

As I said in another post, if my buddy wanted his name, pictures, and location posted on here I would let him do it. He's not very happy that his deer has gone "viral" and is all over the place.

It does suck that pictures get out and around so fast, but honestly if your buddy truly didn't want pictures to leak, then he should not have let anyone outside of himself or trustworthy people take them.

If he didn't want his deer going "viral" then why even allow pictures to be taken by outside sources. If I shot a deer that big, I would have professional photos taken, but thats it. No cell phone pics, because that is how it spreads. This happens every year that someone shoots a giant deer, either lets everyone they know take cell phone pics of it, or they take them themself and then send them out to all their buddies. Then they get upset for the pics being everywhere.

Top Bottom