Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Russ' Late Muzzy

LoessHillsArcher

PMA Member
This past weekend nobody in the family was really planning to hunt much. Russ and Andrea were the only ones with gun tags left. On Saturday while resetting traps I thought I'd check just one trail cam quick that was close by. On it were three 8pts that we'd shoot at 4pm the previous day! So I let Russ know and he quickly changed his mind and decided hunting sounded alright. The winds were iffy but it was worth a shot. Russ got setup and 3:45 he saw does coming out of the timber. Right on schedule at 4pm a buck comes out. It's a 4.5 year old 8pt that we have seen since last season. He's not one of the ones that was on camera yesterday though! The does that came out first are starting to work their way towards Russ and get spooky. They're about 50yds away and realize something isn't right. Russ needs to make a move to get in position to shoot and times it the best he can when few deer are watching. He gets to his knees, the buck is at 140yds, he gets the gun on the tripod and squeezes off a shot. The smoke clears and the buck is laying right where he just stood. A quick follow-up shot lands him the last deer of the season for the family!

IMG_2667_zps5ztuqzx1.jpg

IMG_2672_zps0jz8flt6.jpg

IMG_2670_zpses4visql.jpg

IMG_2678_zps20gdvskw.jpg

in the field
IMG_5509_zpsy7ofuohq.png

With Clayton
IMG_5511_zpspklzux5s.jpg

2015 Encounters - first buck in this video...

Last buck in this video...

2016 Trail Cam video

Top Bottom