Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Saturday morning success

gersdorf

Life Member
Everything came together Saturday morning at 6:25. With my kids athletics I don't have a ton of time to scout or spend as much time as I'd like in the woods so I set up an open field next to a large section of timber I have had success in the past. Heard a Jake and one Tom sound off deep in the timber first thing and a couple off in the distance way North of me. A bit later two sounded of in the ditch a couple hundred yards behind me. I looked through the back of the blind to try and spot them and when I turned back around a hen popped out south of me with this guy 30 yards behind. He spotted the decoys and came in on a string and dropped him at 20 yards. Turns out there were two other Tom's behind this guy and none of them had made a sound on the roost or on the ground. 22 pounds, 10" beard, and 7/8 spurs score of 59.5. Looking forward to getting the bow out for fourth season.
d43a11fd9926a22ba7370eabcf1fb2cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Aways nice when they read the script. Nice bird partner!! I hope to get on the board this week.

Top Bottom