Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Savage muzzleloaders

Anyone on here have or ever had a savage smokeless muzzleloader? I was reading some articles about them earlier and from reviews and stuff they seem to be pretty good muzzleloaders. I was trying to find them online to get a ballpark price on them. Anyone know what in the ballpark of what they cost? Im looking. At gettin the Accura V2 i really like them but like the savage to

I think I've seen them plain gun for around $700. Quite a bit more than the V2, but if the money isn't an issue I'd step up to it. Haven't owned or shot one, but smokeless would be sweet!

At one time I think they were going for around $600 new. Never saw one in a store tho. Talked to a salesperson at one and they said they wouldn't carry them because they can use smokeless powder. Said there was too much of a chance someone was going to load it with the same amount of smokeless powder as they would with black powder, and possibly blow the gun up in their face and have liability issues.

My dad has one and he topped it with the leupold ultimate slam scope. It is incredibly accurate out to 200 yards. We found it shoots better with 240 grain powerbelts and can not remember off hand the amount or brand of powder but sure could find out for you. It is a tad heavy to carry very far but for blind hunting it is a great gun to reach out and touch one. If you want to know anything else let me know.

My dad has one and he topped it with the leupold ultimate slam scope. It is incredibly accurate out to 200 yards. We found it shoots better with 240 grain powerbelts and can not remember off hand the amount or brand of powder but sure could find out for you. It is a tad heavy to carry very far but for blind hunting it is a great gun to reach out and touch one. If you want to know anything else let me know.

I have one and love it. So nice being able to spend less time cleaning and more time shooting. They are pretty heavy, but that is understandable considering how heavy duty the barrels are. Like stated earlier, if you have the money for one, I would go for it.

I have heard good things about them. I think you can still find a new composite stick blued barrel one for $600. At one time they made one with a SS barrel, but I have never been able to find one to purchase.

I have one and use like 34 grains of powder and it shoots. I was not all that impressed with my tc encore so I got the savage. You will need to try different loads to shoot like it can. Buy buy buy.

I own two, one stainless barrel, one blued. Obviously I like them. ;)

Special ordered both of mine, since you rarely see them in a store.

I have two and love them. less cleaning, no smoke, and less kick for kids. drops about 5 inches @ 225 yards. a basic model - black syn & blued is about $600

I have 2 of these as well they are a little picky as to loads and sabots other than that they are great. The cheapest way to a long range muzzleloader. I shoot with friends that have ultimates and bad bulls I can shoot as well as they can to 300 after that they have the advantage .

I have one

Great gun. Hans1, what load are you shooting? I shoot 45gr(weight) of aa5744 with the barnes 300gr spitzer original with the orange sabot.

Last edited:
I have the SS/Camo gun...They are the best muzzleloader on the market! They are FAST and have never had a hang fire with this gun. I shoot 69 gr of H4198 with a 250 gr SST with MMP sabots. You won't be disappointed in this gun!

Great gun. Hans1, what load are you shooting? I shoot 45gr(weight) of aa5744 with the barnes 300gr spitzer original with the orange sabot.

Any other load advice? Seems that 5744 is pretty tough to find these days, but lots of Savage 10ML shooters seem to like it.

I have two and love them. less cleaning, no smoke, and less kick for kids. drops about 5 inches @ 225 yards. a basic model - black syn & blued is about $600

You zeroed at 100yds, and it dropped 5" @225? What powder load and bullet?

72 grains of 10X with a 300 grain bullet and 75.5 with a 250 grain bullet shot well in a Savage I had. H4198 is a good low pressure powder but I do not remember the recommended weights.

I just bought a cva accura mr with the burger a nitrate barrel and love it. A friend of mine shoots the savage and at 200 yards I can shoot a group just as good as he can. I paid 778 for mine. Scheels in Des moines price matched the online price with a leupold S A R B scope. I love mine. Would not trade it for a savage.

Top Bottom