Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Saylorville spillway/scott street

BDAHMS

Be here Now
Anyone seeing any good action in the des moines area? Spillways- scott street- Red rock near pella???

Anyone seeing any good action in the des moines area? Spillways- scott street- Red rock near pella???

Scott street is catching a ton of white bass (they seem to be biting on the pink head green body jigs the best) and we went to red rock spillway today, snagged some flatheads with jigs but the flatheads actually bit on purple and pink jigs! Caught about 20 flatheads today one was 30 pounds and the rest were between 10-20

Last edited:
Nice Work Junior-

I went down to Scott Street over the weekend and caught some great stripers- caught a really nice walleye but snagged him so got a picture and let him back over the wall to be caught another day. I really wish there was DNR down there on a regular basis- I saw a ton of walleye snagged over the weekend and I think I was the only one who let it go and many of them caught over their limit of fish- sad to see!

Nice Work Junior-

I went down to Scott Street over the weekend and caught some great stripers- caught a really nice walleye but snagged him so got a picture and let him back over the wall to be caught another day. I really wish there was DNR down there on a regular basis- I saw a ton of walleye snagged over the weekend and I think I was the only one who let it go and many of them caught over their limit of fish- sad to see!

It is like that at pretty much every dam or spillway. Most people just dont care that a false hooked fish is illegal and should be returned to the water. I feel the same way, like I am the only one who plays by the rules. I guess Im not that desperate to eat a walleye and catch plenty the right way, to feel the need to keep one that was illegally caught. I had one guy try to tell me that it was ok to keep a false hooked walleye because he was using a jig and didn't intentionally snag it. So, I asked him if you accidentally hit someone's car, does that mean you are not liable because you didn't do it intentionally? Needless to say he ignored me the rest of the time I was there. Unfortunately the walleye spawn brings out some true dirt balls that just dont care about anything but filling a stinger of fish by any means necessary. Its the same dirt balls that leave all of their trash on the bridge or shore. I honestly cant wait for the spawn to be over. I catch just as many if not more eyes during the late spring and summer months and i dont have to be elbow to elbow below the dams.

When i said white bass i meant wipers/stripers/white bass/hybrid or whatever you want to call them! They are hittin good though on Scott street

I quit fishing at dams for the most part for the same reasons you guys just mentioned. Seems like most people will do anything to catch fish during the spawn and the trash left behind is a shame.

saylorville spillway seems to be the location for PIKE right now- need more water and get those levels back up!

Hey guys, anyone feel like taking along a fellow iowawhitetail member? Im a student here in Des Moines. From WI and am homesick for my walleye fishing!

Hey guys, anyone feel like taking along a fellow iowawhitetail member? Im a student here in Des Moines. From WI and am homesick for my walleye fishing!

Go hit up Scott street son! Minnows on the bottom for walleye

Just curious if anyone has been out this week with this crappy weather. Think my schedule might allow me to get out after work for a few hours so trying to decide on which direction to head. Looks like Scott Streets water level is up a few feet in the last couple of days.

Top Bottom