Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

scent control

I'm just the complete oppisite. I've been bowhunting since 1972 and have never used anything other than normal hygene. Aside from a couple years figuring out what to do, most of the time I have been sucessful. Simply put, I play the wind. I'm fortunate enough to have enough places to hunt that the wind is right somewhere. On the rare times that it's not, I don't go. Six seasons ago I had a bad fall so ever since Ive been switching over to ground blind hunting. Still the same outcome. When I started hunting there wasn't anything like scent blocker suits etc. Sure could of used them when I was just starting out though. Too late to change my ways now.LOL. Fly straight, Jay

Have any of you tried the Scent Master that Knight Rifles came out with a few years back? I use it with no Scent Loc suit or anything else. I do use a little Carbon Spray on my hat, gloves, and inside of my boots though..

I've tryed everything and had some success but I think that walking into and out of the stand scent free and playing the wind are the best way I've found to beat a deer's nose.
I've been busted more from ground scent then I have from being winded from my stand's but I alway's try to play the wind no matter where I'me hunting.
Just my thought's on the subject.

Full-strut, I have the Scent Master and use it every day during bow season...that thing really works! After I wash my clothes in no-scent soap, I run 'em through the Scent Master for about 10 min. The main reason I bought it though, was for my backpack and fanny pack that I hang in the tree. I also wear a Scent-Lok liner suit or my ScentBlocker Plus Leafy-Lite suit, in addition to spraying down with Scent-A-Way spray. I know there is no substitute for hunting the wind, but these products do help.
Have you ever replaced the charcoal filter in your Scent Master?

TB

I'm a freak about scent control! Makes a big difference for me cuz my favorite stand is in a creek bottom and the wind swirls everywhere there. Last year I bought a Scentblocker leafy cut 3D suit. Worth every penny! Not only did deer not smell me, whenever they looked up, they looked right through me. Even if I was on the ground just walking!

I tried the carbon blast last year too, works great on my boots and gloves. The only problem I had was the sprayer kept clogging up all the time. I even put it in different spray bottles and it still did. But the product is good.

TB-
Yes I have replaced the filter. I haven't done it for a while though. My main thing is to get up before daylight, shower in the basement while the scent master is warming up my clothes and filling them full of the scent. I try to use earth and acorn scent wafers mixed together to really fill the clothing thoroughly. I usually leave mine on for about 15-20 minutes as that is how long it takes for me to wake up, especially after the hot water runs out.

Hey guys, first time writer long time reader.
I use the supprescent lined clothing. I believe you can either get the windproof or waterproof outfit, I've never seen them advertised as both, it's either one or the other. My favorite aspect of the clothing however is that unlike other garments supprescent says the carbon fibers will and cannot wash out of the fabric like most others. In fact they encourage you to wash the garment a few times a year or more depending on how much you're hunting. I also shower and wash my clothes in scent free soap. I catch alot of hell from my in-laws and hunting buddies but I hands down see more, and have more deer closer to me than anyone else I hunt with. I am also considering buying the scent master, I thought it was kind of a joke at first but now totally see the benefits. I'm not sure how I'll get around telling my wife about the price for a scent eliminator though.

Where can I get some more information on the Scent Master or where can you order it? I'd like to check it out.

A huntin buddy of mine made one (charcoal scrubber) out of some odds and ends he had around the place.He used a portable heater with a fan,charcoal filters and a metal box with a lid.He swears by it,and it would seem that he gets plenty of deer around him during bow season. Shotgun season is another story,but I dont think that it is because of his odor.

Hi, guys and gals,I am also scent control nut.Along with the soaps and cloths I also store my cloths in the hunters specialties scent free green travel bags.They are great,they come with a fresh earth waffer,just open the waffer package put your cloths in the bag and they will stay clean as long as you keep them clean.They are very tough, I have been using the same bags for some time now.
Mottspur

Top Bottom