Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scent research

Fishbonker

Life Member
To follow up my other post about scent eleminating clothes....There is a way to prove the validity of their claims. This is how I would do it, but them I'm not a very fart smucker, have a double blind study, no thats not two groups of people in seperate duck blinds, but rather two groups of people one wearing scent eleminateing stuff and the other not. Have them walk equall distances and then do an air analysis using a vaccumm and filters and see how much CO2 or other particulate matter they can isolate. There has to be a way to prove their claims. Lets face it, if a deer can smell it a chromagraph can isolate it.

I don't know if this makes sense but it makes me feel better.

The 'Bonker

As somebody's ad once said, "Please don't believe any of it. We'd rather go on taking the deer everybody else is spooking." I believe research can easily be skewed one way or the other and no amount of research can duplicate what really happens.

I am a freak for scent eliminating spray, soap, powder, detergent.....everything! I probably use more than any of the companies recommend. But then again, I am thoroughly 100% convinced that you can fool a deer's nose. I believe this, because I believe that I have done it more often than not.

Is it possible to completely eliminate all human order? Or am I just knocking it down enough that the deer think I'm further away or have long since left the area? I don't know. I just know that my ultra-fanatical use of it works very well for me. I have found most people who disregard PROPER scent control have never really tried it.

Just my .02 cents.

I bought a liner suit this year and will continue to be as careful as before to make sure that I am as scent free as before. I don't know if it will help, but it won't hurt. I think it will help give me another bit of confidence while hunting.

later
Doug

Top Bottom