Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scheels gun trade in

SCOFFIN

Miles Coffin
Anybody have experience with Scheels and trading in a gun? Looking to trade in my muzzy for another one. I bought it from them, so does that help any?

Not in Iowa, but the Rapid City Scheels was very fair to me when I traded my .204 Ruger bolt action for my DPMS .223. They were very easy to deal with. If you go in with a good knowledge of what your gun is worth and do a in store swap, that will help. Usually they are more apt to give you a better deal if you are trading for something they have in the store. Good luck.

I've found their trade in prices to be better than most in the area. They are very easy to deal with as far as the transaction goes.

You will get a better price from selling it privately but I have traded a couple of guns with them and they were pretty fair with me. I was able to haggle with them some and got a pretty good deal on what I wanted. Never hurts to try anyway.

I just traded a Beretta shotgun in for a new remington 11-87 2 weeks ago at the jordan creek scheels. The guys helping me was really good to work with. Had lots of patience and helped me tremendously in picking out the right gun (I wanted a combo slug/smooth bore). He told me straight up that they will give you about 75% or what they expect to resell your trade in for. I found that to be pretty reasonable, considering I didn't have to hassle with trying to sell it myself. Overall I was very pleased with the transaction.

As JW said, 75% of what they will sell it for if you trade it in. 70% if you sell it to them outright. That was the policy when I worked there anyway.

A lot of places won't trade blackpowder guns in. I have no experience with Scheels but I'd bet you'd get almost double on private sale as you will on trade. Especially with a muzzleloader.

jw_wildfire said:
I just traded a Beretta shotgun in for a new remington 11-87 2 weeks ago at the jordan creek scheels. The guys helping me was really good to work with. Had lots of patience and helped me tremendously in picking out the right gun (I wanted a combo slug/smooth bore). He told me straight up that they will give you about 75% or what they expect to resell your trade in for. I found that to be pretty reasonable, considering I didn't have to hassle with trying to sell it myself. Overall I was very pleased with the transaction.

I have purchased my last three guns from the Jordan Creek store. Very pleased with their staff. I too was told 75%.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Top Bottom