Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

scouting cameras

SD Buck

Have any of you guys heard of the Deer Cam by Nontypical? I was wondering how it compared to the Camtrakker. If any of you have the deer cam let me know how you like it.
Any Suggestions are welcomed
Thanks SD Buck

I assume you are talking about their new one called DC-100. It not a bad unit from what I have heard. The one problem is the sensor can detect motion out to 60 feet. Most flashes on cameras wont reach that far. So you will end up with some night pics that don't show anything. I personally like detectors that work to 20-25 feet. This way you get better pics.

SD buck,

If you are looking to buy a camera you can make your own or I would be glad to make you one for $150. This camera would have a detection range around 27 feet. I have them set up with six different time delays between pics. Don't know if you are interested but I making some for a few friends, I guess one more won't hurt.

I too am interested. What type of camera do you put into them? $150? Sound pretty good. Let me know what you need me to do or if you can produce another one. I have a couple buddies up here that might be interested as well if you are willing.

OLETOM

Oletom,
I use canon owl PF's. I have just one question, due you live in bear country? If so I would have to modify the case to metal for you.

VMAN, I have the owl camera and some of the parts to put one together. I'm getting a little nervous about putting one together, and was wondering if you would be for hire to assemble one if I supplied the parts. I have a full parts list, but still have a few more items to get. Let me know if you would be interested, and if so, what you would charge for this. You can reply here, or email me at KHircock@aol.com . Thanks

For the complete home-brew story on trail cameras, try www.jesseshuntingpage.com/ , www.fieldpix.com , or www.hagshouse.com . Look in Jesse's forum. There is a plethora of mind-blowing stuff about cameras and how to do it + a zillion guys to help out. The two others supply the stuff to make 'em. Btw..Vman's price is a good one for a turnkey deal. If you are as ignorant as I am it is a deal for sure.

Top Bottom