Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scrape line rigs

I haven't used the type in the original post. For those concerned on the wires, couldn't you hang them higher in the tree...say 12-15' up and use longer branches? Would take a taller ladder.

I have used rope, tree branches (usually a variety of oak), and last year I put up some grape vines, all hanging from branches. I've hung these on existing or old scrapes and made a few mock scrapes. I'm not sure on the success of most of my scrapes as I usually had cameras in other spots and just tried to determine if the scrape looked any different. On one that had a rope one year, the deer decided a low branch 3' away on the same tree was better.

For scent, I started out using drippers with whatever scrape scent came with them. Then for mock scrapes I tried a scrape starter scent. The past couple of years I've peed in them. I got tired of buying so much scent as they would be empty the next time I hunted the spot. This year I got a package of the Scrapefix Dominant Buck to try out and will definitely put a camera on one or two. Won't be a good comparison pic wise except a couple natural scrapes that I've ran a camera on in late October.

For those using Scrapefix, is it too early to start with Dominant Buck? I see they have a Velvet scent, so wasn't sure if the Dominant Buck would be too aggressive right now.

Last edited:
This is one of my favorites. This thing got hit the day we put it up and everyday after that.
56d90b3769144dc24858c4a49a4773ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Looks great!!!
I wanna do that in a location PLUS.... anyone know where link is to the tree rub thread is? 6x6 posted it and I wanna do one of those. Need to recall what type of tree and when a guy installs it. Maybe late September? Wanna try both of these in one spot for sure, maybe a couple.

Top Bottom