Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Seek Thermal XR

Been looking at a Seek Thermal XR for my phone . Any of you guys have one ? Whats your thoughts ? Mainly will be used when I go to Texas to hog hunt . All shots will be under 150 yards. Will they work that far ? Thanks.

I have one and I've sold several - very neat item - I carry one along hoping it might aid me in recovering a deer but I haven't had to look for one since i got it.

It looks cool, I have given it thought but everything I have read says it's more for fun and doesn't really function in a practical hunting setting. I believe the distance ratings are for a single pixel? Not say a full shape. Maybe looking for down game? If you could find it fast enough. Wish I had the cash to blow on one I think it would be pretty cool to have around the house even for self defense. Although I don't suppose the giant glowing screen would make it really all that low key. Be interested in hearing real life reviews as well if they are out there.

I've been researching some thermal imaging devices and didn't come across this. This appears to be a better 'claimed' distance for quite a bit less cost. First thought is sounds too good to be true. I doubt 600 yards provides useful images.

Boyd- have you taken any pictures or feedback on max distance you can actually make out an object? Can you at least tell there is an object there at 200 yards or more?

Top Bottom