Senate version of NRLO bill SSB 3129

Discussion in 'Legislative Forum' started by Fishbonker, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

I never posted your name and location. You looked me up and called me Barney Fife I believe. How’d you get my name. Some how you got my name and found I was in law enforcement. Conveniently you left that part out.

Btw, your name is in your internet handle. Not hard to figure, even for Barney Fife.

Like you do you make personal attacks. Key board balls.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    Hardwood11 likes this.
  2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. Hardwood11

Hardwood11 Trump 2020

Catfish and Carp only for Iowa residents :cool:

fletch920 likes this.
  4. fletch920

fletch920 Active Member

I saved the posts. Want to try again before being made a complete fool? Looked you up after you went dirty. It was easy. Bye now!

5. Oct-Lull

Oct-Lull Active Member

I dont see acreage requirements solving anything. Bigger the farm, harder it is to do things correctly if you ask me. I mean the bucks you kill dont skew things as much but they become sanctuaries for does and not enough get removed. Doesnt matter if its residents or non. But then its not about management now is it. Vote Bernie and all will be fair for everyone

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

6. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

How’d you get my name and why did you look me up. Again, you looked me up, but that’s ok right. You play clean. Lol.

Personally I really don’t care who knows me. I have nothing to hide.

You’re the second person to get my name and do a search. More power to you.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  7. chipterp

chipterp PMA Member

I guess everyone that came here and bought was just after does and being a good steward to help out our herd health in Iowa all along. had absolutely nothing to do with antlers. I apologize I had it all wrong. What the hell was I thinking. I’m going to start screen tilting my doe pics when I list our farm. We have huge does on our farms and have been managing as such for years, should command top dollar.

Falldreams, abell3, Rjack and 2 others like this.
  8. 4DABUCKS

4DABUCKS Well-Known Member

Finally stating facts! That's all most of us have asked for! Thank you for finally seeing how many of us feel! And also thank you for making it very clear for us who were on the fence, we definitely know now that opening a crack in the gates for nrlo would be a disaster! Have a good evening sir, I gotta go send out some more emails!

9. fletch920

fletch920 Active Member

Again, that was AFTER you posted my full name, county and township of one of my properties. The veiled threats were pretty disgusting also. But, you keep playing the victim. You are very good at it. Must be very frustrating to not get your way.

10. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

You’re not worth a response, really. One only has to query the other sites you frequent to know what you are. You play clean. Lol. Give me a break.

Again, who provided my name. Bye Fletch.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    fletch920 likes this.
  11. Rjack

Rjack Well-Known Member

Well, that didn't last long.
    Guess you forgot the "for less than a week".

fletch920 likes this.
  12. MN2IAGuy

MN2IAGuy Active Member

Could we please get back to hitting each other with our bag of tree steps!

Hardwood11 likes this.
  13. Ishi

Ishi Turkey Time

What a crazy Monday! Heaven to Betsy I can’t keep up with all the posts:confused:

MN2IAGuy and Hardwood11 like this.
  14. Elvis188

Elvis188 PMA Member

FWIW, I remember when Kansas didn’t allow any non residents to hunt deer in the state. Iowa retaliated and passed a law banning Kansas residents from hunting deer in Iowa until Kansas changed it’s laws to allow non residents in! Funny how times change!

Hardwood11 likes this.
  15. Ishi

Ishi Turkey Time

Yes I remember those days!
    I will go on record if I could have had my way we would have built the wall...

Hawk32 likes this.
  16. Oct-Lull

Oct-Lull Active Member

SE Saskatchewan, maybe the greatest area for big bucks anywhere doesnt even let people from other parts of the province hunt. Let alone other provinces. At least it was that way last time I went up to visit

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

17. JNRBRONC

JNRBRONC Moderator

Truer words rarely spoken.

Wake up call to those on the fence of resident land ownership, do it!!! Do it now! Interest rates low, price of land IS not going to get cheaper. Buffer yourself from NRLO’s and their agenda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sligh1 likes this.
  18. IowaBowHunter1983

IowaBowHunter1983 Super Moderator Staff Member

I actually 100% understand all the NR wanting a tag more frequently. I DID TOO.

So I moved. :)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hawk32, abell3, Daver and 4 others like this.
  19. Hardwood11

Hardwood11 Trump 2020

Where did you move from?

20. IowaBowHunter1983

IowaBowHunter1983 Super Moderator Staff Member

MI

Hardwood11 likes this.
  21. Sligh1

Sligh1 Administrator Staff Member

Well written. Written with courtesy & decency.
    Most of the replies have been covered & I probably blabbed enough on my point of view. Few clarifications/responses here to your post...

1) yes, you can buy a charity auction tag EVERY YEAR or for sure EVERY OTHER. I believe it’s every year. 2 buddies have bought them 2 years in a row (so if that’s a mix up- I don’t want to throw them under the bus- believe they are ok to buy at auction yearly). You can choose to use it current year or year after - I believe. The range has been $5,300 to $15k & everything in between. Or around 35-45% less after you write it off. Which comes to around: $3,000 to $10k after it’s written off & it goes towards charity. Let’s be honest - for an owner with 500-1500 acres, this is a tiny fraction of the revenue the ground puts out OR a fraction of the upkeep, food plot & other costs involved in these farms. “Media or celeb tags” are a different subject & most would agree- no place/reason for them. Party hunting shotgun to get buck tags, auction tags and some zones that draw every other year - there’s zero case to say a NR couldn’t hunt bucks yearly with current system.

2) like stated, with all due respect- yes, it is up to the residents and voters of Iowa if this is passed. This is unfortunately in our political houses & this is directly tied to voters of this state. Not NRLO’s.

3) I’ll state this as a “R landowner”.... if the binary choice was to continue to liberalize our seasons & change the rules OR.... tighten them up.... I’d gladly go for tightening them up!!! I’d gladly lose a buck tag. If that’s the choice- sign me up. That’s the thing though - there’s never a year that goes by where the debate is “tighten it up”. “Conserve”. “Manage better” - those aren’t the debates. The FACT is: 4 months of hunting, 6 seasons, 6+ weapon choices & we still have bills yearly that wish to further exploit the resource and expand seasons. Never bills to tighten it up some. Even when disease or population issues are present. Out of control attacks & desire to exploit our resource. Usually driven with politics and money. There’s no money & lobbying to tighten things up- hence why we never see things go in that direction.