Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Senate version of NRLO bill SSB 3129

“6,6,6,4”!!!!!!!!!!! Please - remember these #’s!!!
6% timber, 6 seasons, 6+ weapons, 4 months of hunting. Why are we debating adding anything?!?!? LOGIC is NOT the answer. $ & special interests is the answer. There’s no good reason we should add a darn thing. Even if u took the old cliche “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” - Could apply. & fully understand - the political rule of “unintended consequences” ripples through every single darn piece of garbage they want to throw out. STOP!!! Every single person should be writing in- “STOP!!!!! NO MAS POR FAVOR!!! 6,6,6,4 & no more!!!!” Line in sand!!!!

Hey legislatures!!!!... go play with squirrel season or mess with the waterfowl groups. Or go add some bills for dynamite fishing. Leave us deer hunters the heck alone!!!!!!!!!

CHECK THIS OUT- appears to me that ONE GUY is behind most of these bills. The way I see it on the public legislative info for who is hiring lobbyists. ONE GUY - wants to throw $ at this in big ways to buy his way to transforming the state for his interest. JIM JENSEN- look at how many lobbyists he’s hiring & paying. Do I have this right? WOW. Messed up. This guy could just buy a charity auction tag every year. Instead- he wants his interest to outweigh anything else. $$$$$ + politics, lovely !!!

https://www.legis.iowa.gov/lobbyist/reports/declarations?ga=88&ba=SSB3129

850eda98fc28286cda09cfa71ab572fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read this was the same case in Kansas back when their NR quota was basically eliminated. One lame duck legislator sponsored that bill prior to leaving office and entering the outfitting business on his family land. Strictly working in his own self interest.

Last edited:
Bigbuck be VERY worried about crossguns. In Wisconsin they now have the highest buck kill rate of any weapon riffles included and they have only been in WI about 4 years. I can not impart enough the side effects that crossguns bring with them. Superior weapon in the heart of rut. Guys you never ever thought would hunt out side of the gun season now have a crossgun and hunt the rut.

The same here in Indiana and is happening in Illinois. Crossgun poison has put hunting pressure on public through the roof. It’s gun hunters buying xguns. Especially early season through the rut. Both these states are now setting all time “archery” harvest highs, at the steep cost of buck quality. Both are smoldering dumpster fires approaching Michigan & Tennessee P&Y territory. Leave it to politicians to manage wildlife. What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:
I guess everyone that came here and bought was just after does and being a good steward to help out our herd health in Iowa all along. had absolutely nothing to do with antlers. I apologize I had it all wrong. What the hell was I thinking. I’m going to start screen tilting my doe pics when I list our farm. We have huge does on our farms and have been managing as such for years, should command top dollar.
Hahahaha.....I love the truth pouring out of this post. It’s hilarious and spot on!!!

I guess everyone that came here and bought was just after does and being a good steward to help out our herd health in Iowa all along. had absolutely nothing to do with antlers. I apologize I had it all wrong. What the hell was I thinking. I’m going to start screen tilting my doe pics when I list our farm. We have huge does on our farms and have been managing as such for years, should command top dollar.
A good point. U know what would be a great name for guys in this group to show they really care ?!? How about “FRIENDS OF IOWA”?!? I just came up with that name. Looking out for our state & our interests - a group of selfless individuals only looking to help others!!!

A good point. U know what would be a great name for guys in this group to show they really care ?!? How about “FRIENDS OF IOWA”?!? I just came up with that name. Looking out for our state & our interests - a group of selfless individuals only looking to help others!!!

LOL FRIENDS OF IOWA!! Bahahahaha

Some other folks beat you to it back in 2008. They too tried to change NRLO laws. They had a state coordinator and a lobbyist. FOI was the reason Iowa Whitetails Forever organized.

Some other folks beat you to it back in 2008. They too tried to change NRLO laws. They had a state coordinator and a lobbyist. FOI was the reason Iowa Whitetails Forever organized.
I know. ;). I’m “OLD” too. I remember they had a website & lobbyists & the whole works. Funny how history repeats itself.

Dead as last week's goldfish.

If I had to guess it was dead shortly after Farm Bureau registered against it.

Politics makes for pretty strange bedfellows.

Thanks for all the updates Fishbonker. Great info. I hope 3129 has bit the dust. Sounds like the battle is in the House now. Can't let our guard down. Need to stay focused and disciplined 'til the end of the session.

I enjoyed the FOI comments. ;)

Funny how history repeats itself.

Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Look for this again next year. It's my guess that they hope we, the voters of Iowa, turn the legislature over for them so they can try it again with new blood.

Deep down I feel bad for the NRLOs. All they want to do is hunt their little patch of heaven. But I feel worse for the cattle farmers who get priced out of pasture ground, I feel worse for the Iowan who is working several jobs, saving every penny trying to realize their dream of owning their own piece of heaven, I feel worse for the Iowans who get pushed off hunting ground because of leasing and the comparatively inexpensive ground here. This is just a sad situation. I hope the NRLOs can understand that I, and I'm sure others empathize with them, but I'm an Iowan: Our Liberties We Prize And Our Rights We Will Maintain.

Several of you have expressed your thanks to me for these updates. Don't thank me, thank the Iowa Bowhunters Association. I merely sit behind a keyboard digging for and following legislation. it's the other guys on the Legislative Committee that spend hours at the Capitol speaking with the lawmakers, telling them what we think is best for the bowhunters of Iowa. Sure we have a lobbyist and he does a fantastic job for us but it's the guys that show up at the sub committee meetings to put a face on the Association that make a difference. Also pat yourselves on the back for caring enough to get involved, for having an opinion and not being afraid to make contacts with your legislators and all of the legislators involved in the process. You make a difference as well.

I know there are lots of IBA members here but those of you who are not, help us help you. Go to our web site http://www.iowabowhunters.org/joiniba.html join, renew, engage in the process or join because it's the right thing to do and the IBA will continue to Protect Defend and Promote Bowhunting in Iowa.

Having said all that, it never pays to feel good about anything. If watching legislation has taught me anything it's that it's never over. We could indeed see more bills like this come up yet this session and there are still several bills that need close attention. There are still 8-10 weeks to go.

One more shout out, this is an incredibly busy time for the IBA. The Iowa Whitetail Classic, the IBA Spring Banquet and the NASP State Tournament are all this month. It's because of the great folks on the IBA Board of Directors that step up and do extra work so the Legislative Committee can focus on legislation and the shenanigans at the Capitol.

I think I hear somebody singing Kunbayah in the back ground.

Well said! The FOI salute you and appreciate your compassion for the NRLO and your passion for Iowa!

Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Look for this again next year. It's my guess that they hope we, the voters of Iowa, turn the legislature over for them so they can try it again with new blood.

Deep down I feel bad for the NRLOs. All they want to do is hunt their little patch of heaven. But I feel worse for the cattle farmers who get priced out of pasture ground, I feel worse for the Iowan who is working several jobs, saving every penny trying to realize their dream of owning their own piece of heaven, I feel worse for the Iowans who get pushed off hunting ground because of leasing and the comparatively inexpensive ground here. This is just a sad situation. I hope the NRLOs can understand that I, and I'm sure others empathize with them, but I'm an Iowan: Our Liberties We Prize And Our Rights We Will Maintain.

Several of you have expressed your thanks to me for these updates. Don't thank me, thank the Iowa Bowhunters Association. I merely sit behind a keyboard digging for and following legislation. it's the other guys on the Legislative Committee that spend hours at the Capitol speaking with the lawmakers, telling them what we think is best for the bowhunters of Iowa. Sure we have a lobbyist and he does a fantastic job for us but it's the guys that show up at the sub committee meetings to put a face on the Association that make a difference. Also pat yourselves on the back for caring enough to get involved, for having an opinion and not being afraid to make contacts with your legislators and all of the legislators involved in the process. You make a difference as well.

I know there are lots of IBA members here but those of you who are not, help us help you. Go to our web site http://www.iowabowhunters.org/joiniba.html join, renew, engage in the process or join because it's the right thing to do and the IBA will continue to Protect Defend and Promote Bowhunting in Iowa.

Having said all that, it never pays to feel good about anything. If watching legislation has taught me anything it's that it's never over. We could indeed see more bills like this come up yet this session and there are still several bills that need close attention. There are still 8-10 weeks to go.

One more shout out, this is an incredibly busy time for the IBA. The Iowa Whitetail Classic, the IBA Spring Banquet and the NASP State Tournament are all this month. It's because of the great folks on the IBA Board of Directors that step up and do extra work so the Legislative Committee can focus on legislation and the shenanigans at the Capitol.

I think I hear somebody singing Kunbayah in the back ground.

There are many states that had no voice when they were faced with crap from their legislators because they weren’t organized and the crooked politicians had their way! Every bowhunter and hunters in general need to be thankful for the IBA!
Thanks Bonk and to the IBA board for ALL they do!

Top Bottom