Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SF 161 Hand Fishing

Do you support SF 161 to allow hand fishing?

• Yes

• No

• Neutral

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fishbonker

Life Member
This bill would allow hand fishing. It was proposed a year or two ago and I don't think it made it out of committee.

https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislation/BillBook?ba=SF161&ga=87

This bill has 5 sponsors which I thought was odd in that these type of bills don't usually have this many sponsors. I figured maybe it was a mix from both sides of the aisle in a bi partisan effort. Not so much. All five are Democrats with four from from Polk County and one from Henry. This pegged my WTF meter. Even if all 5 were Republicans the meter still would have been pegged because I didn't know Polk County was such a hot bed of want-to-be hand fisher people.

Could be just some kind of political trade bait, who knows.

The only noodling I do is spelled with a "c" as in "canoodleing" and I know what's in the hole I'm about to stick my, uh, hand in. First person to make a joke about how they may smell the same gets banned.

I would guess the relationship between Polk County and noodling would be the abundance of flathead fishing around the area but I could be way off.

Top Bottom