Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shadow box Display

DoneRight

PMA Member
My buddy and I were asked by a local taxidermist to make him a custom display case for a turkey fan. This is what we came up with. After making it, and friends and other people seeing them, we have decided to make and sell them. The shadow box measures aprox 36" tall by 32" wide with a 3.5" shelf on the bottom. The fan holder is made to make the tail fan interchangeable with a different fan ( if desired). The beard holders are made to fit 12 ga. brass with the beards hot glued into them. The shelf can hold pictures, box calls, shells, etc. for decoration. The wall mount on the back is a "noose" bracket used for taxidermy mounts. This one is made from cedar and treated with chemicals to give it the "old barn board" look. Each shadow box is unique to itself based on the wood we use. If anyone would prefer a more natural look, we also offer "untreated cedar" and pine displays that are lightly stained. We are working on a metal design for the fan cover, which we can patina or possibly powder coat. These are for sale for $125.00 ( for the treated cedar and stained pine without metal work) each plus shipping and $100.00 each plus shipping for the natural cedar ( without metal work), or if you're in the Des Moines area we can arrange to deliver in person. You can pm me if you're interested or e-mail us at woodsportin@gmail.com . Let me know what you all think.

picture.php

Thank you. It took some time in design, but I think they look great. The picture doesn't do it justice.

One of these will be at the Atlantic NWTF banquet this weekend on the silent auction if anyone out that way wants to check it out in person. There will be some others on NWTF banquets in Central Iowa in the near future.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
By far the nicest I have ever seen. Congrats on a great design. You will sell a lot of them.

Cooter said:
That is a nice piece of work. If you could come up with beard holders that pertain to archery instead of the brass I would be interested.

-}}}---------->

I will get a picture for you of how it looks with full arrows, but you just gave me another idea on how to do that for archery guys. On how to do the beards that is. Give me a week cooter I'll come up with something.

Great idea! It really adds a lot to just a plain fan against the wall. A Merriams fan would look awesome in your display.

FinBonZ said:
Great idea! It really adds a lot to just a plain fan against the wall. A Merriams fan would look awesome in your display.

I was thinking that also, I haven't had a chance yet to shoot a Merriam yet. I do have a rio fan, but it is still drying. I'll try to get some more pics up this afternoon after shed hunting.

FinBonZ said:

Or a Gould's fan...if I ever get a tag down here!

Here are some more pics guys. First 2 are the lightly stained pine, the other 3 are the untreated cedar.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Great mount! Here's an idea for us archers! Instead of the shotshells, one arrow horizonal with the beards hanging from it!!!! ????????? :confused: Just an idea!! Thoughts??????????

Top Bottom