Shed Finds

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting Conference' started by Admin, Dec 18, 2001.

  1. Admin

    Admin Administrator

    Messages:
    589
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Iowa
    Has anyone found any sheds yet? Someone had mentioned they had while shotgun hunting?

    Chris, you been out looking yet? I know Mike Borle finds a good one every year around Christmas in Alberta.

    Just Me,

    TLH

    [​IMG]

    Photo courtesy: Guy Johnson
     
  2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

  3. ISHEDHUNT

    ISHEDHUNT Life Member

    Messages:
    1,336
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Everything is for sale, Iowa
    Found 3 during gun season. One nice 6pt from last year, one small 4pt from a few years ago and a medium size 8pt non typical. The only one that had been chewed on was the big 6pt. Also someone else must have wanted the small 4pt worse than I did they stole it out of the back of my truck during 1st gun season. I have just started putting out my feeding stations. I'll post some pics if I find anything worth mentioning.
     
  4. Admin

    Admin Administrator

    Messages:
    589
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Iowa
    Chris,

    When you check your stations snap a digital pic of them, hopefully full of sheds, Gary that owns the Shed Hunter product would love to see your results, I am sure.

    TLH
     
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Going out after New Year's!! Man I'm excited!!
     
  6. shedhunter

    shedhunter Guest

    Chris, Gary from Shed Hunter/Antler Trap. Good to hear from you. Get back to me. Some massive changes to our new shed hunters. Go to the nerw site at www.antlertrap.net. I'll be posting pics xmas of a few paired racks all over 200". The guy who found these got 14 sheds in our shed hunters and a bunch in the area surrounding.

    Gary <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ISHEDHUNT:
    Found 3 during gun season. One nice 6pt from last year, one small 4pt from a few years ago and a medium size 8pt non typical. The only one that had been chewed on was the big 6pt. Also someone else must have wanted the small 4pt worse than I did they stole it out of the back of my truck during 1st gun season. I have just started putting out my feeding stations. I'll post some pics if I find anything worth mentioning.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
     
  7. ISHEDHUNT

    ISHEDHUNT Life Member

    Messages:
    1,336
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Everything is for sale, Iowa
    Tony, I checked the antler traps Sunday and was pleasently surprised to see the wide 10 pt. had made it through the shotgun seasons. My oldest son and I have found sheds off of him for the past 4 years. He was feeding out of the bucket. Maybe I'll get lucky and find both sides this year. I haven't found any fresh, but don't expect to until late Jan. I have found a few from last year.
    Hope everyone has a good Christmas and New Years. Chris
     
  8. shedhunter

    shedhunter Guest

    Chris, shoot me some good photos after you get the big sheds. We are ofering a great trophy hunt with our prostaff team to the best video showing a buck shedding in our shed hunters(antler Traps). I'll be posting some great pictures to our photo gallery on our site www.antlertrap.netthis week . A few sheds paired all over 200".

    Thanks
    Gary
    Shed Hunter/Antler Trap www.antlertrap.net
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ISHEDHUNT:
    Tony, I checked the antler traps Sunday and was pleasently surprised to see the wide 10 pt. had made it through the shotgun seasons. My oldest son and I have found sheds off of him for the past 4 years. He was feeding out of the bucket. Maybe I'll get lucky and find both sides this year. I haven't found any fresh, but don't expect to until late Jan. I have found a few from last year.
    Hope everyone has a good Christmas and New Years. Chris
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
     
  9. shedhunter

    shedhunter Guest

    Chris we are suggesting to use two small, 3lb. mineral blocks on top of the filled feeder of the antler trap. This will allow the food to last longer and the deer will work around them placing a bit more pressure on their headgear. Our new units adjust and move to do this automatically.Click on help icon on main page of site for other tips.

    Gary www.antlertrap.net
    OTE]Originally posted by shedhunter:
    Chris, shoot me some good photos after you get the big sheds. We are ofering a great trophy hunt with our prostaff team to the best video showing a buck shedding in our shed hunters(antler Traps). I'll be posting some great pictures to our photo gallery on our site www.antlertrap.netthis week . A few sheds paired all over 200".

    Thanks
    Gary
    Shed Hunter/Antler Trap www.antlertrap.net
    [/QUOTE]
     
  10. ISHEDHUNT

    ISHEDHUNT Life Member

    Messages:
    1,336
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Everything is for sale, Iowa
    The mineral block idea sounds great, I'll try it. As for catching one losing his head gear on video. I'll have to get lucky. I have a cam trakker, but haven't used it yet. I'm looking forward to this shed season. I've seen allot of nice deer still running around. I'll send you some photos, when I start finding the fresh ones. Chris
     
  11. ISHEDHUNT

    ISHEDHUNT Life Member

    Messages:
    1,336
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Everything is for sale, Iowa
    Took the kids this afternoon, as loud as my youngest is I'm surprised we saw any deer at all. We did happen to see 4 bucks and about 10 does. One of the buck had a bad front shoulder injury, the kids got a good look at him. I would guess he is 120-130 class buck. Also saw another 125-130 class 10pt. Got a good workout today as I carried the youngest (he's 7 now) the last half mile up and out of the timber. All and all it was a great afternoon spent with the kids in the great outdoors.
     
  12. shedhunter

    shedhunter Guest

    Keep the camtracker away from feeder area for two reasons 1) it truley does startle the deer we have it on video a dozen times, 2) you'll go thru a roll a film in a few hrs, mostly the first deer there, does & yearlings. Keep it bak abit where you figure buck deer will more then likely travel.
    I'll be at the Iowa deer Classic with our new product lines. See you then. By the way we are running a one time sale on our site for any of your friends. We'll ship them same day FREE.

    Gary www.antlertrap.net <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ISHEDHUNT:
    The mineral block idea sounds great, I'll try it. As for catching one losing his head gear on video. I'll have to get lucky. I have a cam trakker, but haven't used it yet. I'm looking forward to this shed season. I've seen allot of nice deer still running around. I'll send you some photos, when I start finding the fresh ones. Chris <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
     
  13. ISHEDHUNT

    ISHEDHUNT Life Member

    Messages:
    1,336
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Everything is for sale, Iowa
    Gary, the mineral blocks are looking like a great idea. When I got to the traps today the buckets were still about 2/3 full but the ground in front of the trap looks pretty tore up. It looks as though they had to work alittle harder for the food. When you make it down for the classic I have a huge set of sheds off a book non typical to show you. The G-2 & G-3 tines are over 4 inches around. The h-measurements total 22 4/8. The G-2 on the other side is close to 5 iches around.The h-measurements on this side measure over 22 also. I can't wait to see if he made it through the hunting season. All indications are he made it. The guys who saw him think he is larger this year. Can't wait. Chris
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice