Shed prices.... fair market for bulk mix & match sheds...

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting Conference' started by Sligh1, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Sligh1

Sligh1 Administrator Staff Member

hey guys- got a buddy that sold his farm & house. He’s “cleaning house” and has tubs & bins full of sheds. Like from decade plus of a mega shed hunter (so a lot!!). He kept sheds from deer he shot, a few big sheds & special memory sheds but wants to part with the rest. Im sure it’s mix and match dinkers all the way to some “dandy bucks”. I am going to “assume” he pulled his “gaggers” out of it. ;). (So not like we talking the “mega sheds & big $ sheds I assume exist)

I’ve been on side of “selling sheds causing problems”. Like trespassing & competition - I totally get it!!!! I see that point of view!!! On other hand, dude got these legit on his own farm over tons of years & thinking some folks do have some cool uses for em.

I told him I’d post and ask..... what would be “fair market value”? Don’t think he’s looking to get rich- just an idea of what “fair” would be. And how would a guy go about selling them? I’m sure an ad in classified section here would suffice but I wasn’t sure if there’s some “big market” place people sell on or how to go about it. New to him & I’ve never done before either. So- thought I’d ask the pros. Just helping a buddy out- any guidance appreciated. Thx!!

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. bigbuckhunter88

bigbuckhunter88 PMA Member

There's a few guys on here that buy. Most likely looking at a per pound number unless there is some sets worth more.
    Bonehunter24 is one buyer I believe. Otherwise there's a few facebook pages dedicated to it.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

4. Iowa_Buckeye

Iowa_Buckeye Active Member

They go by the pound. Usually 8 to 10 bucks a pound. Lots of buyers out there for bulk sheds.

5. Bonehunter24

Bonehunter24 Member

Ill send you a pm Sligh 1

6. crietveld

crietveld Active Member

circle M auctions in Dubuque has a big antler and taxidermy auction in march. Might be worth looking into

7. IowaBowHunter1983

IowaBowHunter1983 Super Moderator Staff Member

Locally I have been hearing $8/lb for grade A. Almost all these guys buying locally go to the auction listed above. Like everything, there is a profit to be made. If you have enough to justify going to the auction you would be better off. If want simple, sell locally.

Bottom fell out a few years ago.