Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sheds II

A

Admin

Went out today for 4 hours and found a few fresh sheds, all my finds were in bedding areas.

Here is a pic of one them...

shed2001.jpg

I just noticed a buck track in the snow in the Left Hand corner of the picture, up by the tip. Kinda cool...

Lots of big buck sign where I was at today.I kicked up 5 bucks going in.

Anyway, good shed hunting to you!

TLH

Not a bad way to spend the first morning of your fifth decade, I hope you enjoyed the hunt.

More bad weather again today, freezing rain and winter storm warning for Thursday and Friday. I like winter but this is crazy. The last time I saw the ground was early November, can't wait to see what March has in store this year.

Continued Good Luck!

Mike

Good find Tony, it looks like a good up-and-coming 4-point. He still has a few good years ahead of him for sure.

The main beam and G3 tell the tale on a 4-point, and the potential is definitely there.

Kind of makes you want to go out again tomorrow, doesn't it?

As if the weekend wasn't enough I went shedding for a couple, nothing, did catch several groups out feeding though.

feeding.jpg

2 PM on Monday

Went out with a fellow bowhunter and pulled tree stands today. Found a small four point shed first thing in the morning about 40 yards from a stand we pulled.

The last stand we were going to pull was holding up a tree that had fallen over. Its mian trunk was laying across the platform. I think we'll need a chain saw to finish off the fallen tree before we climb up and pull the stand. Good thing we weren't in the stand at the time!!

Pat,

It was a beauty of a day...I slipped over to the hills and looked around myself. Didn't find the bone I was after but I am getting closer.

3-3-01.jpg

Went out on Saturday to look for more sheds found one which I think is the match to the first shed I found this year and mentioned in the post above. Nothing big but its great to match up a set.

Top Bottom