Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sheds III

G

We just received permission to use this great photo! Dan Cole ( 240NT ) of Minnesota took this and posted it on Northern Whitetails Shed Forum. We think it is simply awesome and wanted to share.

dan4.jpg

Dan Cole Quote... "We all know that big tracks don't always mean big buck, as well we all know that the drag marks in deep snow are not always made by big bucks. Well, this time it all came together to the tune of 87 inches. I snapped this shot that I figured you would like to see."

[This message has been edited by iowawhitetail (edited 03-05-2001).]

A buddy and I found 19 sheds Friday afternoon and all day Saturday. Had a great time. 3 are 70" and above. One had an 8" brow. Amazingly, most of what we found was pretty big, hardly any yealing stuff. Not sure why, but we're not complaining! Off we go again this weekend.

Ogz,

Wow what a great weekend! Send us a pic if you like, see Contact Us information. Where are you having the best luck, as in bedding or feeding areas?

The Staff

[This message has been edited by iowawhitetail (edited 03-07-2001).]

Found most of them in feeding and travel areas. They seem to be in the areas that the snow has melted off of already. Still have a a lot of ground to cover this weekend. Hope fully we can find some matches from last weekend. We got three matched sets last time.

Mark,
Sounds like you guys had a great time down south. I'm going to Oxford Junction on Sunday and see all that you guys have been finding. Thanks for the help at the deer classic. Talk to you down the road.
Bruce Wohlers

We've lost alot of snow the past week, atleast until tomorrow, anyone having any luck shedding?

TLH

went out and walked a spot where I saw a lot of sign the last day of late muzzleloader. Found one shed right away. As I was leaving I followed a trail out to a bean feild and found a matched set on the edge of the feild both small year and a half old deer.

Showed a friend on the way home and he went out and found a matched set later that day.

Excellent! I hope the snow stays away, oh well it shouldn't last long.

Send pics of sheds if you like!

TLH

[This message has been edited by TLH (edited 03-14-2001).]

I looking at a deerr that still has his rack on, both sides. He thinks he is a bad ass, dropping his head and chasing the other deer,

Picked up a 65" fresh five point on Sunday, still after the other side. Only ten sheds so far this year but the best is yet to come. A few bucks still carry but the general condition of the herd is poor here in NW Iowa, grain fields have been under deep snow and ice cover sence early November. We have finally started to thaw in the hills, hope the weather forcast for tonight is all wet, we don't need any more snow.

Mike

Been finding some real nice sheds 60 - 80 inches. I have been finding them on the south hillsides and in thick grassy ditches that led to food sources. Will post pictures when I get done looking for the year.

Now that's a piece of bone! Wow what a find, thanks for the update Pat!

Keep them coming,

TLH

I went out yesterday afternoon to look before the snow comes and found a 7 point shed with another point broke off that scores 75". It is a basic 5 point with 2 stickers. It looks like it should score much higher, but the longest tine is only 8". It was laying tines down on a major creek crossing 10 yards from one of my treestands. It looks like it had been there for 2 or more years. I think the rains and high water washed away the mud that was covering it. The neat thing is I have probably stepped on that shed 100 times the last 2 years.

Top Bottom