Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sheds IV

G

Here is a great photo of a hidden shed, wow what a find!

"This is a couple of pictures of a shed my brother, Wade Johnson found on Jan 13. I thought you might enjoy them."

Guy Johnson

jshed.jpg

Great pic's! Guess I should remember to take my camera, when shed hunting! I was going this a.m., but 10" of wet snow on top of as much mud make it just a little too "challenging" for today.
Friend of mine saw a 150" 10 pt. still carrying Thurs. nite, while another has found over 60 sheds so far!
PLK

We were sending out a few e-mails today to see if any of the shedmasters were finding some sheds on this beautiful March day and our old buddy JC wrote this...

"I met Chris at the archery range today to get some pictures of the 8 point sheds his friend found. One side has a 12" drop. They both had 6" bases.
The last picture is with 2 sheds Chris found. They are 5 point 50 class sheds. The 70 class 8 point sheds make them look small."

Jack

ChrisShed.jpeg

Wow, what a shed! Nice hat Chris
smile.gif

The other pic JC sent to go along with his comments above.

shedpile.jpeg

Chris Lane's Shed Pile

Isn't it fun to see the shed finds, send your pics in!

Shane Guely is the owner/finder of the big drop-tine shed, Chris wanted to make sure we gave him credit.

Congrats Shane, what a great find!

The Staff

[This message has been edited by iowawhitetail (edited 03-19-2001).]

We just got back from Cedar Rapids and it looks like most of the snow is gone from West to East.
Anyway, we have some Iowa Whitetail caps leftover from the show and want to see how many shed pics we can get on the site.
Send us a photo of a Iowa shed you found this year and we'll send you a cap "free".
Use either the Upload Pics function, e-mail or snail mail, see Contact Us.

Good Luck,

The Staff

tancap.jpg

Quanities are limited so get your pics in soon!

PS, make sure you put your address on the e-mail or photo so we can send out the cap.

[This message has been edited by iowawhitetail (edited 03-26-2001).]

Here a couple photos. One with me and four - year and a half sheds I found two weeks ago. And a second of a big 6 point someone else found next to one of mine. Shows why you should pass up the little ones and what happens when you don't (all you find is little sheds & deer).

Pat
march_01_a.jpg

6point_n_basket_a.jpg

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-26-2001).]

Thanks Pat!

Always fun to find up and coming buck antlers. We were over your way this past weekend and see alot of your snow is gone too. Hopefully we start to see some shed pics soon, it's always fun to share stories and photo's.

Take care and as always thanks for your contribution to the site!

[This message has been edited by iowawhitetail (edited 03-27-2001).]

Now that its getting dark later I was able to go out after work for about an hour or so with a friend. We didn't find any sheds but stoped by my friends neighbors house on the way back and he showed us a rack he found while walking in the woods about three weeks ago. It was probably a 170 6x6 slightly chewed on. He found on a south slope of a ridge no hide and only a few bones still remained. I'll bring my camera next time and see if I can get a picture.

Top Bottom