Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shooter or what?

MFDC1110.JPG
MFDC1111.JPG
this is the best pictures I have of this buck, I am wondering if he should be on my hit list or not. What you all think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends what your goals are. Are you looking to shoot a higher scoring deer each year or are you looking at a certain age class? Hard to see the age with the pics. I can say you have a good one on your hands either way!

Only you can decide what deer to shoot, or pass. Everyone's situation and goals are different. Personally, after a number of years of "worrying about it", my goal is to shoot 5 years old or older bucks, regardless of their antlers. In some cases I could be pretty happy with a certain 4 year old, at other times I am perfectly content to let a high potential 3 or 4 year old live on.

FWIW, last year I passed a known 4 year old at point blank range, 4 yards, that would conservatively gross 175". This weekend, I think there is a good probability that I will gladly shoot a 5 year old that is probably 145"ish...and I will be satisfied with that. Good luck and don't sweat things too much...that's my advice. :)

Looks nice from that view. I am getting more picky about age structure so, for me, I'd have a hard time saying whether I'd shoot that one or not just due to the fact that there's not enough there to judge his age by. Sweet deer regardless. If he gets your blood pumping when he walks by, go for it!

thanks for the reply everyone, here are a few more pics of him from this weekend.

Attachments

• thunder buck1.JPG
    thunder buck1.JPG
    1,006 KB · Views: 174
  • thunder buck  bcack side.JPG
    thunder buck bcack side.JPG
    946 KB · Views: 179
  • thunder buck.JPG
    thunder buck.JPG
    495 KB · Views: 190
he almost looks like he has a belly going on him but not sure. I readjusted my cameras and also added two more cams to the property to hopefully get some better pics of him. But here is another good one for you guys to see

Attachments

• napoleon.JPG
    napoleon.JPG
    517.2 KB · Views: 149
  • napoleon back side.JPG
    napoleon back side.JPG
    488 KB · Views: 164
Nice buck! Hard to say on that one for age, 3-4 I'd guess but i may be off. Whether you wanna shoot him or not - like above, that's your call & sure depends on your area, goals, enjoyment and fulfillment of the season. Dandy buck though, good luck whatever you decide.

Top Bottom