Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Should I mow my clover

Nilla

I have a mixture of Ladino, Alsike and Crimsom clover, 2nd year plot, it looks great, knee high last weekend and very little weed problem at this point! Question is do you mow the tops off or just let it grow? I have never done clover plots before so any information on how you guys handle your clover plots would be appreciated!

KNEE HIGH.... I'd mow most of it. Maybe leave a little to go to seed. I'd mow it to keep it tender so deer want to eat it. Keeps digestibility better as well, etc. Will fix more N if mowed. 10" mowing be good for it

I keep mine mowed as well even if it's just clipping the top I try keep it 4-6 inches..

Here at home, I clip the blooms off about half of the clover. Then 10-14 days later, I clip the other half. That way I’ve always got some fresh growth for the deer and some blooming clover for the wife’s bee hives... Clover on SW IA farms get clipped less often, maybe as little as once a year...

Top Bottom