Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Show off your Turkey Calls

Ishi

PMA Member
Let’s see your turkey calls, pot calls, box calls, mouth calls, wing bone calls whatever you use let’s see them.
I started two years ago collecting calls from John Sinclair Custom Calls. I’m addicted to the exotic hardwoods he offers. Currently I have one on special order that I hope to have for turkey season and will show it off after I kill a turkey with it :rolleyes:and will probably also buy a second on as well.
I have a Brazilian Kingwood with titanium, Mexican Cocobolo with brass, African Gaboon Ebony with cooper and a Popular with slate along with various strikers.
Post away!!

b25ab7c187c47a9031db28a4c7d16400.jpg

88f0315f1324f98a3a92381496cda902.jpg

C6568AE6-833F-432A-9B1E-5A7947659CB3.jpeg I bought this call at a Amish furniture store south of Bloomfield. Best sounding box call I’ve ever run. I combine it with a HS Raspy Old Hen trusty mouth-call. Bad Medicine! Never been much of a Slate guy.

Last edited:
Kind of a pot call junky, some of my workhorses are attached.

First Three are Ghost Makers, my favorite calls of all time. Ed Jenkins is the maker and does a hell of a job.

Spalted Maple, Slate over glass
IMG_2314.jpg IMG_2315.jpg
BloodWood - copper over glass
IMG_2317.jpg IMG_2318.jpg

Poplar - Glass over slate
IMG_2319.jpg IMG_2320.jpg

Last edited:
Next Two are Gunzenhauser Game Calls:

Golden Stabilized Maple - Slate over glass one of the most beautiful calls I have
IMG_2300.jpg
IMG_2301.jpg
IMG_2302.jpg

Boxelder - Glass over glass
IMG_2304.jpg
IMG_2305.jpg
IMG_2306.jpg

Last edited:
Next few I made myself:

Maple, slate over glass

IMG_0947.JPG

YellowWood - Glass over glass

IMG_0950.JPG

Maple - Frosted glass over glass w/ BW strutter insert- couldn't get the greatest pic of the strutter.
IMG_2307.JPG IMG_2308.JPG

Addiction yep. Slowing down on that though. KISS method.
moss double.jpg
box calls.jpg
One on the left was made by a ole turkey hunter who has passed. Forgot the wood on that one. Have a osage orange one around here somewhere. He even made them out of grapevine.

Is this on Highway 63? If so which Yoder store:)

Yoders Country Corner .... I bought it like 3 years ago and haven't been back in there, so not sure if they carry them anymore? I do stop at the bakery right there(open Fridays and Saturdays) on the yearly turkey trip to get the best cinnamon rolls ever.

Last edited:
friction calls.jpg
Top left to right.
Quaker Boy slate
HS Strut copper
John Sinclair
Bottom row
Bill Harper Lohman glass
Country Boy AL over glass
Derby City cedar with a old maple striker

Here's one of those you can't resist. Was in AR when the Whitetail Museum was there. Went to a sporting goods store and these gents showed me how to work this. Suppose to sound like a turkey drumming. What a hoot. Good conversation piece though.
drummin stick.jpg

I would guess Cherry too from the looks of it. Would have liked to have seen those boys demonstrating that drum call, lol
Best I can describe it was when Crocodile Dundee was calling in the fruit bats. I was afraid to use it.

The call arrived last Monday. The call is glass on glass Tulipwood pot.
The striker is snakewood
56f11e22c7244c771734e9a0e72da85c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys crack me up. I use my voice, have for years, tried and true. Kratz can even vouch for that.

Top Bottom