Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Silencing mobile setups

meyeri

PMA Member
I'm primarily a mobile hunter and I'm always looking for ways to make my gear quieter and more efficient. I bet I setup and tore down 40-50 times last year throughout the whole season. It never fails that as slow or as quiet as you try to be that metal "Clang" still happens every once and a while.

I started putting grip tape on my gear and had pretty good success with it. I looked at the stealth strips, but this stuff is available at menards and pretty cheap. I'm kind of experimenting with different ways of applying it to see what works best.
I also tried painting bed liner liner on a stick and it works decent, but needs to be thicker than the coat I put on.

View media item 110239View media item 110240View media item 110241View media item 110242

What have you guys tried or had success with?

I used hockey tape on my sticks , and paracord wrapped around the front of my stand. I Should be out practicing setting again . Never fails I cuss my *** first time out lol .

A guy I know on another forum makes custom kits if super sticky camo mole skin / felt for Lone Wolf and XOP stands/sticks. They work great, theyre called Stealth Strips, a lot of mobile guys I know use them. Personally I use hockey tape

I have that same stand for being mobile when needed. I literally tied a big sock on the platform so if/when the seat hits the platform it absolutely cannot hit metal to metal. I also use EZY steps in a fanny pack so there aren't any sticks to make a noise. Dead silent.

Good info here. Off subject, wondering how you carry/attach your sticks to your stand while hiking in and out. I bought a Millennium and the Lonewolf quiver doesn't attach well at all to it.

Last year I tried using gear ties. Worked pretty good so I'll use them again this year. The blue bungees are for clothes.
IMG_0378.JPG

I've seen those before, great idea and product, just not a fan of the camo pattern options. Lol.

Never known deer to care what pattern a person used. If silence is what you're after those strips are perfect. If you email Lou you may be surprised what he may have that's not on the website.

Called the listed number on the website yesterday and Lou answered himself while out of the office. Took time to have a conversation even and threw in a set of cable silencer strips. Nice guy.

I figured gear ties or something related were probably the way to go, thank you.

Called the listed number on the website yesterday and Lou answered himself while out of the office. Took time to have a conversation even and threw in a set of cable silencer strips. Nice guy.

I figured gear ties or something related were probably the way to go, thank you.

His customer service is very good

Anyone ever tried just wrapping black electrical tape around exposed metals parts? I have thought about doing that with my summit viper, just haven't tried it.

Anyone ever tried just wrapping black electrical tape around exposed metals parts? I have thought about doing that with my summit viper, just haven't tried it.

Hockey tape is the cheap way out, works very well.

Top Bottom