Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sitka gear

dshafranek

I'm looking at buying a new set of Sitka gear camo. If anyone has it how is it working for you and is it holding up?

I love mine. Attract burrs like no other but the comfort and functionality are awesome. Cold weather stuff is great with the primaloft.

I bought it for the pattern but some don't like the look. I like it personally. Research really says digital is the way to go.

If you are a government employee, you can get 40% off at Leo adventures.com.

Hope that helps. PM if you have any questions.

I love mine. Attract burrs like no other but the comfort and functionality are awesome. Cold weather stuff is great with the primaloft.

I bought it for the pattern but some don't like the look. I like it personally. Research really says digital is the way to go.

If you are a government employee, you can get 40% off at Leo adventures.com.

Hope that helps. PM if you have any questions.

X2! I have merino wool, traverse layers early season clothes and the fanatic suit good stuff. You wont regret it if you go with it.
PM myself also if I can help

Me and my gf both have a few sets! The only down fall is I wish I woulda bought some along time ago!!! Absolutely love it!! Got ours off of a dealer on AT. If you order a lot of it you can get some really good deals!

I agree with the above. I have Sitka Fanatic coat and bibs. The warmest stuff I have owned. Too warm if you must walk tracking a deer, moving a stand, etc. Very quiet but the material used to silence the fabric does attract burrs, however, I will pick off a few stickies for the warmth.

Don't own any, but if you watch camofire.com there are really good deals on it occasionally on there. I'd imagine if they are releasing a new pattern the current stuff will start showing up pretty cheap.

I can't speak for the whitetail stuff (yet), but I have the 90% pants and jacket, Ascent jacket, and a traverse ls shirt in Open Country. It is by far the best hunting clothing I've ever used. I use it in some rough terrain out here (high desert mountains where everything has thorns) when we go javelina and desert mule deer hunting and it holds up very well. Can't go wrong! I'll have to check the govt employee discount, too!

That new pattern is awesome, I might have to bite the bullet and invest in some new camo this year. I always thought their duck hunting camo pattern was much better suited in the environments typically seen in the midwest than the optifade forest.

I'm probably poking a bear with a short stick, but does anyone else think it is kind of funny how they much they justified the optifade forest pattern through science and intensive research and now they have changed their tune? In that article they even admit that the "Optifade Forest was less suited to the inevitable changes in fall foilage".

I'm probably poking a bear with a short stick, but does anyone else think it is kind of funny how they much they justified the optifade forest pattern through science and intensive research and now they have changed their tune? In that article they even admit that the "Optifade Forest was less suited to the inevitable changes in fall foilage".

Not seeing this statement as pot-stirring, but to clarify, the Optifade Forest pattern was originally designed and intended for western forests, which are predominantly evergreens and don't have the drastic fall foliage change that Midwestern woods have. The science and research behind that pattern for its original intention was spot on, but I agree that its not well suited for back in the Midwest or eastern hardwoods. When its time to replace my current forest (western) camo, I'll be getting the forest pattern for out here.

That new pattern is cool, too! So happy my wife works for Gore and I can get a discount!!

Last edited:
New Sitka Stuff is awesome! LOVE the new pattern and the whole new whitetail lineup.
I was lucky enough to get a VIP pass to their unveiling party at the Quarterback Club in the Colts Stadium during the ATA show last week.
Also have a few pieces I brought home from the show if anyone wants to see it.
We have the new dealer book here showing all the new pieces and am working up my preseason order if anyone wants anything. (Buy early - this new stuff is going to sell out fast!)

Here's a shot of myself with a couple fellow IBA Board Members that went with me to the show with Easton Corbin (who gave a private concert at the event)

sitka.jpg

Last edited:
Boyd - do you have a price list for the stuff or would rather send something like that in a PM?

I understand the quiet factor when it comes to using the berber fleece for the fanatic but I feel like the fleece really takes away from the pattern. I really like the looks of the pattern on the more soft shell type material, I believe maybe the stratus jacket is what I am talking about. Also really like the soft shell for not picking up burrs.

Either way it is great stuff.

Boyd - do you have a price list for the stuff or would rather send something like that in a PM?

I understand the quiet factor when it comes to using the berber fleece for the fanatic but I feel like the fleece really takes away from the pattern. I really like the looks of the pattern on the more soft shell type material, I believe maybe the stratus jacket is what I am talking about. Also really like the soft shell for not picking up burrs.

Either way it is great stuff.

PM Sent .

Nice stuff but holy hell is it expensive.

Expensive but worth it - wore my Fanatic set daily for 4 years and it still looked like new - sold it on archery talk used for a premium price and had guys almost fighting over it. I just sold a bunch of my old sitka to re-fund my clothing allowance and now I can get a ton of the new!

Guys that buy Sitka argue about the price the first time they purchase but most come back year after year to get more and never complain about price again. Quality gear is usually the cheapest in the long run.

Gunrunr, I have the Fanatic series and think it's great. Have they changed the fabric on the new stuff to be a little more burr resistant or is it relatively the same. Either way its awesome.

Gunrunr, I have the Fanatic series and think it's great. Have they changed the fabric on the new stuff to be a little more burr resistant or is it relatively the same. Either way its awesome.

The whole Lineup for whitetail has changed. Lots of new pieces, new fabrics, etc all in the new Elevated II pattern. They don't have the new catalog out and the new stuff isn't on their website yet but I found this small review online.

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/blogs/new-2015

Top Bottom