Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sleeping bag

Fishbonker

Life Member
I need advice on a sleeping bag and pad. The bag and pad must be very packable. I’m thinking the bag should be rated to maybe freezing as I don’t anticipate needing to use it in cold weather and the pad should be as comfy as my getting older by the minute bones can be. I will more than likely have a cot but that can’t be guaranteed. The bag and pad should be able to take a beating and be used for 14 days straight without getting rancid.

Given the above can anybody recommend a brand of bag and pad, or can you tell me what makes a good bag and pad good and a bad bag and pad bad?

Thanks.

The ‘Bonker

Naw, she can take plenty more nights of bed gas like last night. When I have gas she tucks the covers tight under her chin and shoulders so it can't escape. When she does that I chuck a big juicy lougie in the air so she can decide whether she wants to smell the gas or take the lougie in the face.

The ‘Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like you are looking for Big Agnes. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

OK, I forgot to say I HAVE A BUDGET and that definately is way out of it.

The 'Bonker

hoofline.gif

Flatulence Sack

Pad

hoofline.gif

398ibalogo_1_.gif

PM
Ron Wyllie
Southwest Iowa IBA Area Representative
rwyllie@iowawhitetail.com

I have had good luck with therma rest pads. I bought a bag from the sportsman guide that was 50 bucks and rated to -30. Took it elk hunting and had no problems with it. It is a mummy style bag. I will note that after a week of hunting in 85 degree weather with no shower in sight and 20 degrees at night, the bag did start to get a noticeable odor in it but it kept the wolves away. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

If you are going to have a cot I would by a canvas shelled bad. They seem to sweat less between your body and the cot. All bags seem to get damp and you will be happy if you flip your bag when you role out every morning. Also on a cot I would avoid a mummy bag. IMO they are a little confining and for 14 days of comfort on a cot cabelas sell a great pad http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa...1233&hasJS=true

Thanks for all the suggestions. I went ultra cheap and bought an Eddie Bauer bag at Target. I paid more for the pad than I did the bag. I figured I'd rather go cheap and see how it all works instead of spending the big bucks and getting something I really didn't need.

This is a rectagular bag with a removeable liner that is rated to +40 with the liner and +60 without. I figure if it is going to be colder I'll pack some heavy duty 'jammies. It also lookes to be "breathable" so if I do get too hot it will breath and keep me from freezing in my own sweat.

Thanks again.

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom