Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Slick trick broadheads

nemohunter

Does anyone know if a new package of slick trick heads come with a practice tip or practice blades, wanting to order some, thanks

They have 3 hardened tips per package that the blades fit into so no "practice" tip like an expandable. I've shot these for years and can say they fly true. If need be you can let um fly with the blades into a cheaper target then just unscrew the head and pull out or you could try one without the blades in.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

So you've not had any major adjustments when switching from your field point to this head out to 35-40 yards?

They fly right with my field points and mechs. Never had to touch a thing bit I know my bow is tuned. I would not hunt with any fixed blade I had not tested first.

Slick Tricks tend to fly very true if your bow is tuned. You will definitely want to take one head and practice with it. If it flies true pull it off and go back to field points.

I plan on shooting them first, been a while since I shot fixed and trying to decide between these or the muzzy trocar, slick tricks get really good reviews for accuracy but since I have to order the broadheads just want to try and make sure I get the better one

Lots of guys use Slick Tricks on elk out here and love them. Several elk have fallen to 50-60 yard shots with these. Tremendous field point-like accuracy from a tuned bow. If I ever switch from my Shuttle Ts (also field point accurate out to 60+ yds), it will be to Slick Tricks.

FYI. Saw them on the rack at my local Wal-Mart. I saw a while back that they were bought out by one of the bigger companies. Might be easier to find now.

They were my favorite broadhead. Fly true.... Great penetration...very durable.... If only they made slip ons for my bamboo arrows.....

I use them and have not had any issues so far. They fly just like my field points.
No practice heads in the package. I just used one for practice then as I shoot deer, recycle those blades as practice blades.

Great broadheads, I use them in Idaho when I elk and mule deer hunt there as they do not allow mechs. They have always flow very close to my field tips when my bow is tuned. Took an elk calf at 60 yards this year and hit right where I wanted.

Top Bottom