Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

slug gun or muzzleloader

flugge

So the past few years, I have been finding myself split for time off during shotgun seasons and muzzleloader seasons due to work. That being said, Obviously I can use a shotgun during shotgun season, and a muzzleloader during muzzleloader..however I want to get myself a real tack driver to use, but most of my hunting is 100 yards or less for shots. I sit deep in the timber and stand hunt, no matter the season. I have a knight muzzeloader (although trying to sell it) and want to upgrade to either a new muzzleloader, or revamp my 870 set up (currently shoot a bird barrel and am a tack driver with it, no joke)
So which would you guys prefer, leaning towards a new muzzleloader since I would use that both seasons, but not even sure what is out there currently. Would not be purchasing anything unless price was right and saw a great sale. Thanks in advance for any help

If I had to choose, I would go muzzy. Potentially more accurate, and late muzzy season is so much fun! Why not just stick with your Knight? I’ve got a couple of them and they do pretty good well past 100 yards. Wife shoots both of them since I upgraded to a smokeless conversion but that’s not cheap!

Im not opposed to sticking with the Knight, its a revolution..Not the biggest fan of it, but has killed deer out to 150 yards so I know its accurate..I would love to go smokeless..and again, really just looking for options/suggestions. I am open to anything really, even if the advice is to stick with what I have :)

Smokeless is an awesome option! Call Luke at Arrowhead Sporting Goods and have a talk with him. Good guy & a straight shooter (in all respects ;))! He'll tell you if he can help you find what you're looking for within your budget. I never got the feeling he was trying to sell me something so he could make money. Think he's really interested in helping you get to where you want to be. My Rem 700ML conversion is way more accurate at further distances than any shot I'll likely ever have at deer but sure is fun to shoot at long range anyway!!! Sure makes a 150 yard shot feel like a "gimme"... Accuracy begets confidence!!! Good luck with your decision!

You can go smokeless for around $600. That’s a new CVA Scout and then having it converted to smokeless. Great guns good to 300yds. My son and Dad both have them. Great accuracy, easy on the shoulder, and easy guns to pack. If you have questions let me know.

Smokeless is an awesome option! Call Luke at Arrowhead Sporting Goods and have a talk with him. Good guy & a straight shooter (in all respects ;))! He'll tell you if he can help you find what you're looking for within your budget. I never got the feeling he was trying to sell me something so he could make money. Think he's really interested in helping you get to where you want to be. My Rem 700ML conversion is way more accurate at further distances than any shot I'll likely ever have at deer but sure is fun to shoot at long range anyway!!! Sure makes a 150 yard shot feel like a "gimme"... Accuracy begets confidence!!! Good luck with your decision!

Absolutely accurate statement above. Talk to Luke and you won't be disappointed and you will learn a lot.

Top Bottom